Album update & I think I'm gonna dye my hair back to black! HELP! I need opinions!

Do you like my Black or Blonde look better?

• Black

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Blonde

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

mzcaramelicious07

Alright ladies. I am definitely getting tired of this light hair. I miss the shine that comes w/ black hair. I just updated my fotki with a whole bunch of length pics, pony tails, roller set pics, etc. But I have been strongly leaning towards going back to black/dark brown. I'm tired of the roots growing in so fast. I don't want to keep on dying my hair because it didn't come out the same golden brown and is now orange after the second time getting it dyed, but my stylist said she used the same color. Everybody here says they like both the black and blonde look, so pleaseeee ladies, I need opinions!!

Also, my hair is always dry. When I get it done at the salon it comes out the bomb. When I do it myself, it NEVER comes out like it used to. My hair used to be soooo much easier to do before I got this dye and highlights! :cry:

just let the color grow out because if you dye it,it might turn green just leave all the color alone its very very pretty just like it is.

Re: Album update & I think I'm gonna dye my hair back to black! HELP! I need opinion

Your hair is really beautiful.
But I understand if you don't want to keep dyeing it.

Whenever you go dark, I would recommend a dark brown shade as opposed to black ...which could make you look like Morticia ...and maybe make your face look a little hard.

Also, try Robert Craig or Bigen powder color ...they have no ammonia or peroxide and are not damaging ....

good luck!

Thanks ladies for the compliments.

I don't want to let it just grow out because I hate the dark brown root blonde hair look. My original hair color is dark brown, but looks black. The two colors just don't mix.

When/if I go back dark, I won't dye it jet black like I did b4. You are right...I did look like Morticia! lol I'd go for a dark brown or something. You'll see in the earlier albums in my fotki dark hair pics.

Also, nobody has told me...do you guys like the black look or the blonde look!?????????? :)

Just checked out your album and it is WONDERFUL. You look great with both. :)

I definitely do understand the desire for change, because I get tired of color in my hair very quickly as well. I do like how black dye changes the texture of my hair--seems to make it silkier and thicker. Im assuming the dark brown will do the same.

Good luck w/whatever you decide, and be CAREFUL. You hair seems to be at such a healthy and thriving place, and you definitely want to keep it there. :p

Re: Album update & I think I'm gonna dye my hair back to black! HELP! I need opinion

I personally like the blond highlighted look...your skin has yellow/warm undertones, and the haircolor really compliments your complexion. The black/dark brown is too harsh. If you want to go darker and not deal with the roots, I would go with a medium brown, maybe one or two shades lighter than your natural color.

I agree w/Thickness. I am the same shade as you with extremely dark hair (almost black) and I wish I could get a honey color with highlights. Maybe when my hair gets stronger & longer.

I love the blonde look on you! :)

Synthia said:
Your hair is really beautiful.
But I understand if you don't want to keep dyeing it.

Whenever you go dark, I would recommend a dark brown shade as opposed to black ...which could make you look like Morticia ...and maybe make your face look a little hard.

Also, try Robert Craig or Bigen powder color ...they have no ammonia or peroxide and are not damaging ....

good luck!
ITA a dark brown color will go dark without the green hue from the blue in black rinses. The yellow from the blonde already in your hair will mix with blue and turn green. A dark reddish brown would work too and give you more options for later.

Your hair is just gorgeous, and I think you good w/both colors. I guess do what is best for your hair at the time, I know you said it has been dry so maybe you should just leave it alone for right now and work on the moisture. If you feel the need to dye it darker right away then make sure you use something that help w/moisture while it darkens. HTH's

KiniKakes said:
Just checked out your album and it is WONDERFUL. You look great with both. :)

I definitely do understand the desire for change, because I get tired of color in my hair very quickly as well. I do like how black dye changes the texture of my hair--seems to make it silkier and thicker. Im assuming the dark brown will do the same.

Good luck w/whatever you decide, and be CAREFUL. You hair seems to be at such a healthy and thriving place, and you definitely want to keep it there. :p

See...that is what I am talking about. When I hair was black the texture and everything was so silky. The thickness was the same, but it seemed like the texture was easier to take care of. I would wash it and roller set w/ no problem. Now I have to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize or this stuff comes out a frizzy mess!

leleepop said:
ITA a dark brown color will go dark without the green hue from the blue in black rinses. The yellow from the blonde already in your hair will mix with blue and turn green. A dark reddish brown would work too and give you more options for later.

Wow...I didn't even think about that! Thanks for the advice.

And thanks ladies for the compliments and advice. As of right now, the poll is split 50/50! :perplexed

I like the fact that this color really stands out. I also like that all of my bridesmaids hair are dark, so again...I will stand out. :) Okay...let me quit being selfish! But I do miss the dark/shiny look. I like both looks so it is so hard to decide!

Girl you have achieved my dream ponytail. lol. anyways. I think jet black hair is the greatest. Soo many men say they preferred Jet Black.

But your hair is beautiful the way it is. Try a dark rinse if you dont want damage but still desire a change and you'd be surprised at the results. I'm wearing Sebastians Orchid (jet/blue black). Im not sure if ur natural, texturized or relaxed. But one of the great things about lighter hair is it looks great on curly hair and straight hair to reveal the definition of the curls and highlights.

I do feel you when you say black brings out the shine and just makes it look healthier. If you notice most of the women on AA hair care products have jet black hair that stands out. But I really like the color in the pictures you have shared. Great hair!!

I vote for keeping it light. I agree with the other ladies. I have the same dilemma actually- I am lighter complected, and my hair is a bronzish color. I get alot of compliments on it, but I am missing dark hair. Some ppl think I looked like Elvira with really dark hair, but I liked it.

The grass is always greener. I know if I dye my hair dark brown, I will look around at gals with highlights and wish I hadn't darkened my hair. I am also getting married later this year (August!) and all of my friends are telling me to keep my hair light for the wedding.

I still go back and forth in my head, but I am keeping it light- for now. My justification to myself is that it's comin up on summer time, and if there were ever a time to have light hair, it's now. I'll revisit the issue again in the fall (I'll probably dye my hair dark at that point ;))

I know I didnt help much!!

Last edited:
BeautifulWideEyes said:
Your hair is just gorgeous, and I think you good w/both colors. I guess do what is best for your hair at the time, I know you said it has been dry so maybe you should just leave it alone for right now and work on the moisture. If you feel the need to dye it darker right away then make sure you use something that help w/moisture while it darkens. HTH's

I'm agreeing with BeautifulWide, your hair looks great with the blonde hilites, but I'm sure it would great with the dark color as well. It's really up to you but I like your hair either way!

DulceKisses said:
Girl you have achieved my dream ponytail. lol. anyways. I think jet black hair is the greatest. Soo many men say they preferred Jet Black.

But your hair is beautiful the way it is. Try a dark rinse if you dont want damage but still desire a change and you'd be surprised at the results. I'm wearing Sebastians Orchid (jet/blue black). Im not sure if ur natural, texturized or relaxed. But one of the great things about lighter hair is it looks great on curly hair and straight hair to reveal the definition of the curls and highlights.

I do feel you when you say black brings out the shine and just makes it look healthier. If you notice most of the women on AA hair care products have jet black hair that stands out. But I really like the color in the pictures you have shared. Great hair!!

Ahhh...I know. My fiance said, "Don't get me wrong...u look beautiful both ways, but I miss your dark hair!" He also asked me how was I going to wear it at the wedding.

I am relaxed though I don't let it get bone straight. I think she gets the relaxer on in 5 minutes and then I leave it on for another 5 for a total of 10. I just don't like the bone straight look.

adf23 said:
I vote for keeping it light. I agree with the other ladies. I have the same dilemma actually- I am lighter complected, and my hair is a bronzish color. I get alot of compliments on it, but I am missing dark hair. Some ppl think I looked like Elvira with really dark hair, but I liked it.

The grass is always greener. I know if I dye my hair dark brown, I will look around at gals with highlights and wish I hadn't darkened my hair. I am also getting married later this year (August!) and all of my friends are telling me to keep my hair light for the wedding.

I still go back and forth in my head, but I am keeping it light- for now. My justification to myself is that it's comin up on summer time, and if there were ever a time to have light hair, it's now. I'll revisit the issue again in the fall (I'll probably dye my hair dark at that point ;))

I know I didnt help much!!

CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT AND UPCOMING WEDDING! I know u r busy! Aww......that is so exciting!

People told me the same thing about looking like Elvira when I had dark hair, but I thought it was cute! lol Yeah, I don't want to go dark and then see highlighted hair and be like, "Man....WHY did I do this!????" I understand that completely. Do you have a fotki album of your hair? Also did you experience a difference in texture when you went light?

Alli77 said:
I'm agreeing with BeautifulWide, your hair looks great with the blonde hilites, but I'm sure it would great with the dark color as well. It's really up to you but I like your hair either way!

Thank you! I do have a few albums w/ the dark hair as well. In the oldest two albums I had dark hair and also in the picture of me and my fiance.

I saw your album with dark hair, looks good! Maybe you can go by seasons, in the summer most people go lighter and in the Fall and Winter they tend to go darker.

Alli77 said:
I saw your album with dark hair, looks good! Maybe you can go by seasons, in the summer most people go lighter and in the Fall and Winter they tend to go darker.

Wouldn't that be too damaging on the hair?

mzcaramelicious07 said:
Wouldn't that be too damaging on the hair?

You are right it may lead to some dryness, especially in the summer time! Maybe you could just try semi-permanent rinses or Demi-perms that aren't as damaging as permanent colors?

I think you should back away from the dye. More dyw wont do anythign but more damage. From a former dyer I really think this is a bad idea...

Pay no attention to the poll.

Yes, the blonde hair looks AWESOME on you and I did vote for it.

But it's not worth damaging your hair. You could try to do heavy protein to keep it strong under the dye ...but it's a big risk.

I say choose hair health over color. :yep:

Synthia said:
Pay no attention to the poll.

Yes, the blonde hair looks AWESOME on you and I did vote for it.

But it's not worth damaging your hair. You could try to do heavy protein to keep it strong under the dye ...but it's a big risk.

I say choose hair health over color. :yep:

I have done Aphogee treatments, but I have not been taking care of my hair the way that I should. I haven't been moisturizing or protecting it at night. I'm glad my hair is still on my head. I know if I do continue to color, I am going to need to take better care of it.

Back