Alberto VO5 Total Hair Recovery->Anyone Tried It?

LocksOfLuV

It sure is making big big claims, but the ingredients look pretty nice, lots of protein so it looks like it would really make the hair stronger:

300.jpg

Advanced Hair Treatment for Dramatically Stronger, More Beautiful Hair
Delivers 300% of the Vitamins and Nutrients of Many Ordinary Conditioners
  • Power Packed Intensive Treatment Kit with Treatment Cap for Dramatic Hair Recovery in Just One Use
  • Use Once A Month for Dramatically Stronger More Beautiful Hair
Power packed intensive treatment that goes well beyond ordinary hair treatments to dramatically revitalize hair
  • Dramatically revitalizes color treated, dry or damaged hair
  • Patented formula delivers 300% of the vitamins & nutrients of many ordinary conditioners
  • Only VO5 has a Total Hair Recovery kit with a treatment cap for intensive results
  • Strengthens and revitalizes hair dramatically with just one use
Kit Includes: One application of VO5 Total Hair Recovery and One Intensive Treatment Cap.

INgredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-18, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Disodium Dimethicone Copolyol Sulfosuccinate, Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids, /Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ergocalciferol, Phytantriol, Retinyl Palmitate, Avena Sativa Kernel Protein (Oat), Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Silk Amino Acids, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Steareth 21, Quaternium-80, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Oleamine Oxide, Octoxynol 9, PVP, Fragrance

LocksOfLuV said:
bumping, I know someone tried this before!:)

Lol....is your inner PJ jumping out again?

I've never even seen it, but now you've got me wanting to run to Walmart to pick some up. It does look promising, if using it once a month does the trick then I'll definitely try it.

BUMP!!!!!!!

msshic said:
Lol....is your inner PJ jumping out again?

I've never even seen it, but now you've got me wanting to run to Walmart to pick some up. It does look promising, if using it once a month does the trick then I'll definitely try it.

BUMP!!!!!!!

:lol: I swear, I went to drugstore.com looking for something else and I say this. I might try it.

Bumping again, third time is a charm!

I haven't tried it but I always look at it. It's kind of expensive for the amount you get though. The jar is so puny (like 2 oz.) and it's around $5 so that kinda scared me away because I would need like 3 of those the way I slap on conditioner.

I just saw on the box that it's actually 1 oz.

Last edited:
Pokahontas said:
I haven't tried it but I always look at it. It's kind of expensive for the amount you get though. The jar is so puny (like 2 oz.) and it's around $5 so that kinda scared me away because I would need like 3 of those the way I slap on conditioner.

I just saw on the box that it's actually 1 oz.

OKAY! That is me all the way! Well I am going to get it and try it anyways. The jar is so small I probably could use it one time and be done, and atleast I won't have to worry about having to use it up if I don't like it!:lol:

Let us know how it works out. If it's good maybe I'll get a jar and use it on the ends of my hair:lol: .

Man, I must have missed this thread when you first posted. I tried it a few times over the years, but honestly, the amount you get is so small, it probably won't get all over your head to really give you good results. Anyway, I tried it when I was transitioning and it worked pretty good on the relaxed ends, but my natural hair didn't like it.

Back