Airdryers - How Do You 'set' Your Hair After Washing?

sunflora

Flowah Powah
After wash day, I set in 10 braids. I realize that if I ever get into a relationship, this may not quite be the most attractive look. It also takes at least 12 hours to dry, and since it's winter I can throw on a beanie and go over the weekend, but in the summer. Eh. I'm wondering how I'll set my hair when it gets warmer.

It is a little shorter than APL. How does everyone else set their hair? (Not including w-n-gers, sorry).

If I'm going to airdry, I like to set my hair in a style that:
1) Looks presentable while it is drying, so I can wear it out in public

2) That also doubles as a long lasting, protective style to give me a break from my hair and my hair a break from me.

That style for me is 3 twisted ponytails wrapped around each other. I've played around with using only 1 twisted ponytail. (Took too many days to dry). 2 ponytails (Could never find a comfortable position to sleep in). The 3 twisted ponytails dry overnight & lasts up to 7 days with just tying my scarf around my hairline every night.

If I'm going to airdry, I like to set my hair in a style that:
1) Looks presentable while it is drying, so I can wear it out in public

2) That also doubles as a long lasting, protective style to give me a break from my hair and my hair a break from me.

That style for me is 3 twisted ponytails wrapped around each other. I've played around with using only 1 twisted ponytail. (Took too many days to dry). 2 ponytails (Could never find a comfortable position to sleep in). The 3 twisted ponytails dry overnight & lasts up to 7 days with just tying my scarf around my hairline every night.

Yeah my hair is wayyyyyy too short for this lol :cry3:

I usually air dry in braids (20-25) for a braid out. I'll wash it the day before and usually by the next morning it's dry. If my hair isn't dry by the morning, I will:

1. Put the braids in a bun with a nice fabric headband tied around the crown. I'll slick my edges back with gel so it looks more sleek.

2. Wear the braids down with a slap cap pushed back a little to show my edges.

3. Braid the braids into one big braid going to the side and put a baseball cap over it. At times I put them in a bun and push the bun through the back of the baseball cap where the cap adjusts.

It depends.

If I’m not at work, and I’m going somewhere with family or my husband, I do two French/Dutch braids. I keep them down depending on what fabric I’m wearing. I keep it up if I have on something that snags or it’s unbelievably hot outside. I usually just twist them in a bun and secure with a loose satin scrunchie

Other time I rock Bantu Knots. If I’m feeling kind of playful, I’ll do two big ones on either side and use a few hair toys if I’m dolled up, other times if I’m running errands or just going to school I’ll do four in four sections, and rock a satin wrap.

I wish my Husband would say something about my setting styles at night or my sleeping bonnet. While he wakes up in the morning looking like squirrels had a party in his hair. Haha!

Back