Air /HoodDrying Ideas

sepiabella

I'm a 3c, relaxed, currently growing out a "Halle" style. It's currently *just* long enough to pull back into a ponytail, but not quite long enough for this to be a good method for air drying. I've tried wet wrapping, but I haven't had any success at it. I always end up with a mess at the crown and I can't seem to figure out how to get it right.

I am looking for either tips/ideas/suggestions on wet wrapping (i.e. What am I doing wrong!?) or for other ways of drying my hair without breaking out the blow dryer. I'm a curling iron slave and am looking to go off heat, but I need a way to dry it smoothly first. I'm good at wet sets, but it's still slightly too short for large enough rollers to make it work for me. Unless someone can explain a way of wet setting and preventing the curls from being too tight.

I currently wash between 2-3 times a week, depending on my workout schedule. And I'm currently in the UK, so I have limited access to salons and products.

Sorry if this has been rambling, but it's my first post and I'm still pretty new at this.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sepiabella,

Welcome to the forum, that is a cute name by the way.

You may want to try molding your hair before you sit under a hooded dryer. To do this after you shampoo and condition, apply whatever leave-ins you use and use a setting lotion/cream, or wrap lotion. After you do this, comb your hair flat down, if you wear a part, part your hair now, once your hair is smooth and all combed down flat, even the length ( the part you can almost put in a ponytail), use a Wrap Strip you can find them at Sally Beauty Supply store, sometimes you have to ask them. Not the neck strips the WRAP STRIPS. Wrap one or two of them around your hairline (when you reach the back place it on top of the hair there not underneath) tie a knot in the strip where both ends meet and sit under the dryer until dry. You might be able to do it air drying too, but, I'm not certain what it will be like afterwards.

HTH

When I had a cut like that (for a wet wrap)I rolled the crown around a large roller...then wrapped the rest of the hair. Once it dried I would do a dry wrap...minus the roller and I'd have body and a smoother crown.

Back