AIR DRYING

Shariracquel

Why is it not easy for me. First off its FREEZING in NYC, second my hair is what you guys call texlaxed, its hard to manage if its not straight, its suppper thick, like my hair is soooooooooooo full its crazy. Third, maybe I'm not using the right products when I try to air dry, but can someone tell me what do I use. Last and not least, what do I do with my hair afterwards. Some ppl air dry their hair in a ponytail, I can not do that. I have serious allergies and that would make me really sick because my hair will never dry that way.

So I'm looking for all the suggestions I can get, I would really like to work this air drying thing. I'm going away and I love the pool, the ocean I love to get my hair wet but I'm so used to doing that w/ braids or something not my own hair so I need help asap.

Thank Guys, : D

You can buy a Pibbs to help you airdry so you don't walk around with a wet head. The fan is so powerful that if you used it on super low heat it should still do the job.

You can buy a Pibbs to help you airdry so you don't walk around with a wet head. The fan is so powerful that if you used it on super low heat it should still do the job.

I was thinking the same thing! Also, I use just a quarter-size amount of lacio, lacio and Chi Silk Infusion as leave-ins, which works great when I airdry. What products are you using? Maybe you're using too much/not enough? And lastly, have you tried braid-outs as an airdried style?

You could also wash and put in 4 plaits (sp? plats LOL) at night and by morning, it should be just about 100% dry. That way, you don't have to go out with a soaking wet head. I feel your pain about the cold, I'm in Philly.

Yea, I used to be able to airdry my hair about a year ago, but as more of my hair has becomes texlaxed, that is becoming a lot more difficult. At this point, I have not yet mastered how to airdry and then abstain from using any sort of heat/brushing/etc.

So since my hair wont air-dry straight/flat, instead, I do my wash and go style whenever I want to air-dry. I always do this style whenever I go on a beach trip or if I just am too lazy to do anything to my hair. I have a tutorial in my fotki.

You may also want to try a braidout, as others have suggested. Good luck!

Back