Air-Drying with Motions Oil Moisturizer

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
up.gif

This is turning out very lovely for me
smile.gif

My hair is soft, silky & shiny. It could be combo of things, so here's what I did this evening: shampoo with Elasta Creme Conditioning Shampoo (FABULOUS--see separate thread), conditioned with Pantene Relaxed & Natural for about 4 minutes in the shower. I rinsed and combed under the water. I sprayed in some Pantene Conditioning Wrap Set Lotion (leave-in conditioner) then I put the Motions Oil Moisturizer all over and ponytailed the hair with a scrunchie.

I did something similar last week, but used the Keracare Oil Moisturizer. It's alot more concentrated and thicker than the motions and doesn't have the impressive ingredient list that the Motions has. My hair came out nice with the Keracare, but not as nice as it's turning out right now.

I have to give it to Motions for having so many great products at pretty cool prices. I am also a fan of their Moisture Silk Conditioner
lick.gif
, & Nourish Leave-In.

Thanks for the review Supergirl! I'm glad it worked out well for you. I've been wanting to try more of the Motions line as well. I'm interested in trying that Silk Conditioner as well as a protein conditioner that I've heard raves about.

pooh123

This does work pretty well. Their moisturizer works best on my hair when it is wet, and it adds a shine on my wet hair as well.
up.gif

Supergirl, are you one of those mineral oil people? Cuz I noticed that mineral oil is the 2nd ingredient in the Motions Oil Moisturizer and the 3rd ingredient in the ION finishing detangler. They both work so beautifully for you.

You don't have a tough time washing the residue off your hair? Does the residue help your hair? What am I missing here?
cry3.gif

It was'nt heavy?

I used to blow dry with it but it was kinda heavy.

Could you list what is in the Motions Oil Moisturizer please? I have the Keracare Oil Moisturizer, but found it to be too heavy, plus it has petroleum in it. I tried Keracare's lite version of their oil moisturizer, but once again, too heavy. When I did use them, I used them on wet hair and my hair felt "sticky", although I did get a bit of shine. I stick with the Keracare essential oil, which I absolutely love. This oil is light, has terrific essential oils and gives my hair much shine. I am falling in love with Motion's line of hair products again and the product junkie in me would love to try this oil moisturizer. I don't mind the mineral oil, just no petroleum. Thanks in advance.

I will list the ingredients when I get back home.

Megonw, I get along well with Mineral oil. Some of my favorite products have MO in them such as the Motions Moisture Silk Conditioner and the old Mizani Moisturefuse.

Cool, thanks! I gave my Keracare Oil Moisturizer to my son. It will help keep his hair moisturized and make his waves stand out! He is such a cutie!
grin.gif

Here are the Ingredients:

Water
Mineral Oil
propylene glycol
sorbitol
PPG-10
methy clucose ether
polyquaternium 37
propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate
PPG-1
tricedeth-6
dimethicone copolyol lanolate
dimethicone
sodium pca
proline
hydrolyzed collagen
sodium lactate
acetamide mea
panthenol
hydrolyzed keratin
hydrolyzed
glycosaminoclycans
sodium cocoyl collagen amino acids
cocoyl sarcosine
wheat germ acid
linoleic acid
linolenic acid
wheat germ oil
jojoba oil
tocopherol
sulfur
dmdm hudantoin
fragrance
d and c red no. 33

I was thinking about trying this or Elasta QP Recovery. But Luster's pink oil just has me scared to buy anything that says oil moisturizer.

Wow, I like the ingredients. I am definitely going to have to add this to my "to buy" list. Thanks again for listing, Supergirl!

Wow, I like the ingredients. I am definitely going to have to add this to my "to buy" list. Thanks again for listing, Supergirl!

Supergirl,

It's ironic that you posted this thread. I was talking with my mom and she uses the oil moisturizer with out a leave-in or setting lotion for a rollerset. She says that it gives nice and shiny curls.

MissB

Back