Air Drying Hair Straight

Jada

Could you guys pleeease tell me how do I air dry by 4a/3c fine/thin hair so that it dries straight and not frizzy...and please list the products that you use.

I like to mix a little butter (avocado, hemp, macadamia nut...) with an equal amount of serum (I like Chi silk infusion and Redken's heat glide). I mix them up until they are completely combined and then apply them to wet, freshly washed and conditioned hair right after I use my leave in.

Then I comb them through and band my hair in two ponytails. I let my hair air dry like this all day. When I take the bands out my hair is almost as straight as if I had ironed it. The trick is making sure the hair is completely dry before taking it out.

I usually put my hair in 1 or 2 ponytails and make 1 or 2 bantu knots. When most of my hair is dry I take away the rubberband and tie it up in a new bantu knot. When it's totally dry it is straight, no frizz, with a slight bend to the ends.
As for products I use Paul Mitchell the conditioner, a squirt of serum and jojoba oil. If I'm going to wear it down I make sure to mix EVOO to my after shampoo conditioner and only use Kerastase Oleo Relax Serum as a leave-in.

Back