Do you have a picture online?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
CurlyCrly said:
Allandra,

I noticed that you have very long hair. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Do you have a picture online?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I don't have any pictures online.

How are you straightening it when you wear it straight? I've found that I can let mine air dry, then use a curling iron to straighten it pretty easily. It's very curly when it air dries.

I use to be able to do that but I find that my hair is extremely difficult to comb out after air drying lately. Even if I braid it in two ponytails and let air dry combouts are a B@#%H. So I have been blowdrying with a comb attactment then using the flat iron (a ceramic one by Jilbere) or a big round curling iron. This gets it very straight.

So that I don't get addicted to the blowdrier. I may try braiding in smaller sections and letting it airdry that way but that may take a long time and a lot of work.

I find that when I air dry my hair loose, it comes out wavy. I do this fairly often. Other times when I put my hair in two braids, it comes out very curly. I have also taken portions of my hair and twisted it up and pinned them with bobby pins and let them dry. My hair was extremely curly and shrank to shoulder length.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Do any of you wear your hair curly or wavy by letting it air dry?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's all I have been doing lately. It's just so convenient and my hair doesn't feel as dry. I also haven't been getting a lot of shrinkage either.

I do this all the time. After washing my hair, I load in some hair products, particularly sticky thick ones, and scrunch and I am done. If I do not scrunch, my hair will just be a curly mess and won't have much waves. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Yes

Yes, I often air dry my hair by putting it into one or two braids after shampooing. This method gives me pretty Lord of the Rings elf waves. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

My hair is naturally wavy/loosely curly, rather like Ananda Lewis'. However, I can make it curlier with the right gel and a blow dryer. It just takes a bit of work to get it very curly. However, it is fun to have so many styling options. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back