Air dryed hair appearance?

keez1979

How does your air-dryed hair appear after you have tried to style it, whether down or in a bun? Mine looks kind of coarse and puffy. It waves up alot, but my waves are uneven and are not very uniform like alot of the other females on this board. Does anyone have any ideas on how to improve my air dried hair's appearance?

What products do you use on your hair when you air-dry it? I think that makes the difference. I have had different results with different products. If I use my UBH conditioner and air-dry I have to straighten with a curling iron at some point cuz that stuff makes my hair kind of hard. If I use Keracare dry and itchy scalp conditioner my hair comes out softer and I can just wear the braidout as is. I guess it depends on what you use to condition as well as your mosturizer of choice and things like hair serums.

Whenever I use Humectress, it always comes out looking a little better than if I just use regular old conditioners. I was hoping to find something a little cheaper though. My hair looks okay while it is still damp, but once it dries, it is a nightmare!

If I let mine air dry loose, and don't put any products on it, it looks terrible
antlers.gif
dry and frizzy...no combing possible.
If I let it air dry loose and use a lot of products on it, it dries curly/wavy, but still it can go 'big hair' on me and frizz if I mess with it.

The nicest it comes out airdried for me is if I use leaveins and dry it in two mini-buns (parted in middle) and tie a silk scarf over the top, and let it dry completely before taking it down. Then its pretty smooth and soft. Sometimes I do a big braid on each side, and that gives deep waves but if I brush through it gets super big and fluffy.

Normally when I oil it(scalp) wrap it and let it dry.. it comes out nice n soft with a little sheen to it... If i just let it air dry with nothing in it.. waves up..then gets frizzy and I'd have a mixture of frizz and wave...

[ QUOTE ]
keez1979 said:
Whenever I use Humectress, it always comes out looking a little better than if I just use regular old conditioners. I was hoping to find something a little cheaper though. My hair looks okay while it is still damp, but once it dries, it is a nightmare!

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you use a leave-in after rinsing out your conditioner? I use Humectress for deep conditioning then I use Headress leave-in and after detangling, my oils on top of that. I think finding a good leave-in and adding our favorite oils (to seal in the moisture) makes a big difference in the appearance and manageablity of air dried hair.

I use both a liquid leave in and a creamy leave in. They make my hair both wavy and straight depending on how I twist it, bun it, or let it hang/dry.

WHEN i WANT TO WEAR MY HAIR DOWN i USE THE PONYTAIL METHOD AND APPLY SOME JOHN FRIEDA'S FRIZZ EASE TO THE ENDS ALONG WITH LEAVE-INS. (APHOGEE LEAVE IN REALLY GIVE MY HAIR BOUNCE. I NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FRIZZ.

Back