Air dry vs blowdry

Pinkicey

My hair is growing but it's thinning like crazy. I see at least 5 hairs of breakage every day and this was my last wash day. I think I might be mid back length now but it's so thin it's not even cute to wear down.

I think I'll start drying it on cool when my hair is 80% dry. Here's an article about the topic. http://m.prevention.com/beauty/beauty/healthiest-way-dry-your-hair

It basically says when the hair is wet it swells and the longer it stays swelled the more breakage can occur.

I washed my hair on Saturday night, and my braided pony tail was still wet this morning, and it's still wet around my ponytail holder. I will post results on my breakage with wash day this Saturday.

Attachments

• image-429550348.jpg
    image-429550348.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 54
Pinkicey, breakage results from dryness in most cases, assuming you are not handling your hair roughly. Have you tried clarifying, chelating & moisture conditioning to see if that helps. Protein isn't the cure for everything but it certainly can't hurt -- have you tried doing a protein treatment? I suggest making small and gradual tweaks to your regimen if your hair is thinning from breakage...something within your regimen is not agreeing with your hair. If your hair is thinning from shedding....visit your dr.

I can't tell if those are shed hairs or broken hairs. Either way it isn't a lot. I agree with the previous poster about clarifying and protein. If your hair is breaking when wet you are most likely overmoisturizing.

So I didn't blow dry my hair because I simply just didn't feel like it, but I did use ORS hair mayonnaise. I now have a new love. My hair feels so much stronger and moisturized, and it's not breaking off just from me barely touching it. I only plan to use it every 3 to 4 weeks because I have had issues before with protein overload.

Here's what I did today
1: prepoo aloe Vera juice
2: wash with earthly delights herbal shampoo
3: oil rinse with Dabur alma oil
4: apply ORS hair mayo for 15 mins then rinse
5: apply Giovanni direct leave in
6: as hair is drying alternate with applying mix(herbal essence hello hydration, glycerin, olive oil and lots of water) and coconut oil
7: separate hair in 4 sections- when hair gets 80-90% comb from ends to root
8: bun because I'm being lazy

Back