Air con system drying out my hair at work! Help!

Fyne

Hey all,

I need some advice.... The aircon system at work is directly above my desk at work and the fan is directly on my back, besides the fact its giving me muscular pain its drying out my hair making it hard and brittle by the time I get home. Then I baby it for the rest of the evening and 'rescue' it.

My ends feels ok in the morning and I havent noticed any extra shedding but I feel like this will lead to breakage very soon. :evil:

I've tried talking to my manager she said they have turned it down but no one else is complaining :sad:

I've talked to my co-workers but no one is bothered

I'm open to suggestions I will keep my headscarf in my bag if I need to LOL:yep:

P.S I'm new to posting but not new by the way been lurking for 2 years :blush:

Hey all,

I need some advice.... The aircon system at work is directly above my desk at work and the fan is directly on my back, besides the fact its giving me muscular pain its drying out my hair making it hard and brittle by the time I get home. Then I baby it for the rest of the evening and 'rescue' it.

My ends feels ok in the morning and I havent noticed any extra shedding but I feel like this will lead to breakage very soon. :evil:

I've tried talking to my manager she said they have turned it down but no one else is complaining :sad:

I've talked to my co-workers but no one is bothered

I'm open to suggestions I will keep my headscarf in my bag if I need to LOL:yep:

P.S I'm new to posting but not new by the way been lurking for 2 years :blush:

If your health is being affected being directly under the fan, have your desk moved.

The AC and even the heat in winter at my job is pretty drying on my hair too. I deal with it by keeping my hair up at work. I only wear it out when its straightened and that is only 1-2 times a year.

Guitarhero Ive tried to swap with one of my collegues but no one wants to sit in that corner I think the next step is complaining to the higher ups as my manager says she cant move anyone (no space)

You know what, I find that deplorable to stick a human being right in front of the air conditioner. That's why those biddies aren't complaining...they don't want to move. They can find someplace better. What about sinus infections, colds, arthritis... I'd hit them up with a doctor's findings! Ridiculous. Please don't tell me you are the only sun-kissed natural up in there.:rolleyes:

@vkb247 Thanks. I keep my hair up but some parts are dry some are ok!

@Guitarhero Yep and im the newest employee so guess what desk I got stuck with :nono: No colds or other major problems the office does get hot but the fan is a killer I think the next step is to complain higher up! P.S I'm a relaxed head :blush: :lol:

ETA: Every other lady is in wigs or weaves so they aint complaining my manager has her hair out but shes got her own office and the men aint complaining! :lol::lachen:

Did you know that you can request an air conditioner vent? It's a plastic thing that goes over the cover and it can "point" the air up and away from you.

Otherwise...get a doctor's note about your allergies and sinus infections being related to the blowing air conditioning unit. That is crazy that they don't care.

I hate the darn air con, it causes so many arguments. Some of them like to have it on in deep winter too. :rolleyes:

OP in the interim mist your hair during the day, this should help to keep the hair moist at least.

lana I've never heard of it but its worth a shot! I plan to talk to my managers manager tommorow so its good to raise alternatives thanks!! I feel like the new girl making trouble but im starting to wonder why the last girl left apparently she was off sick too often which is worrying! :( If it continues I'll have to take more drastic steps.

LushLox They have this climate control feature so its on all year round. Ive got a sample size of ORS moisturizer do you think that will help or I could empty that out and fill it up with my oils?

lana I've never heard of it but its worth a shot! I plan to talk to my managers manager tommorow so its good to raise alternatives thanks!! I feel like the new girl making trouble but im starting to wonder why the last girl left apparently she was off sick too often which is worrying! :( If it continues I'll have to take more drastic steps.

LushLox They have this climate control feature so its on all year round. Ive got a sample size of ORS moisturizer do you think that will help or I could empty that out and fill it up with my oils?

Fyne For me ORS would be too heavy especially if I'm wearing my hair down. I've been using Paul Mitchell's Moisture mist which is quite nice. It is heavily water based, so I added a few drops of oil which keeps my hair looking nice in the day and I don't lose the hair style either.

^^^^ Thanks I'm gonna look out for that product next time I shop!! :D

Thanks ladies x

the air conditioning system at work is wrecking havoc on my hair and health. my hair was so dry at work. when i left, my hair feels good again. i guess it is the humidity. my sinuses are a mess. i had to leave out a few times and kept drinking hot water to stay warm.

shortdub78 I'm feeling what you went through I drink 1.5litres while at work so im constantly taking breaks and the corridor is soo warm :/

Back