Ain't trying to be jealous but...

LadyChe

Last night I ran into a friend of mine who had BC'ed a little over a year ago. At the time of her chop - she had about 3 inches and my hair was a little below my shoulders. Now, 1 year later, her hair (when straightened) is just about three inches shorter than mine - which is only 2 or 3 inches from BSL! Good LORD, this girl has some BEAUTIFUL hair! And she's colored it at least twice since I last saw her. I colored mine once and two patches of hair fell out.

Now I'm not a complainer, nor do I make a habit of feeling sorry for myself. But I must admit, the idea of having thinner, naturally dry, fragile, porous AND slow-growing hair type is a bit much to handle. So I'll try to turn this into a different question:

BCers - did you notice a hair growth spurt in the first year after your BC?

And if anybody wants to commiserate with me - feel free to co-sign...

Are you relaxed, texturized, or natural? And it sounds like your friend had a reasonable amount of growth for that year. :)

I sorta know how you feel. I get a little green when I see friends of mine who overlap relaxers, sleep witht hair hair loose on cotton pillow cases, use regular rubber bands to tie their hair up etc and their hair is STILL longer than mine.

I didnt have a growth spurt, it grew regularly...but I got barely any breakage and most of my length that I did loose was from trims :)

Aiight folks, I'm back.

To answer a few questions - I'm relaxed and she's natural. In the past year, with LHCF's help (Amen) I gained about 4 inches overall with one big trim. Now my friend - believe me, she has fried, dyed, laid to the side - and never had braids or anything - if I were to guess, I'd say she gained something like 8 inches. Whew! Her current regimen - because it's winter - is to wash/blowdry every other day.

Dagnabit! Where's the weave store? I feel bald already!

carrie said:
I sorta know how you feel. I get a little green when I see friends of mine who overlap relaxers, sleep witht hair hair loose on cotton pillow cases, use regular rubber bands to tie their hair up etc and their hair is STILL longer than mine.
longer but is it healtheir

Back