After the weave...

chelleypie810

So i'm about to take my weave out next monday..It's been 4 weeks since I've had this in and I'm going to get another perm around the end of January. I know its important to do a protein treatment after taking the weave out but about 4 weeks after that I want to do the Ion 3 step emergency treatment which is another protein treatment before I get my relaxer. Is this safe? is it ok to do a protein treatment 3-4 weeks later. I'm thinking about using the Ion reconstructor (how strong is this?) after I take my weave out..but I'm not sure if I need to use a strong reconstructor. I also don't know if I should use the Ion reconstructor or the Ion Effective treatment which combines protein and moisture.

Thanks guys.

So i'm about to take my weave out next monday..It's been 4 weeks since I've had this in and I'm going to get another perm around the end of January. I know its important to do a protein treatment after taking the weave out but about 4 weeks after that I want to do the Ion 3 step emergency treatment which is another protein treatment before I get my relaxer. Is this safe? is it ok to do a protein treatment 3-4 weeks later. I'm thinking about using the Ion reconstructor (how strong is this?) after I take my weave out..but I'm not sure if I need to use a strong reconstructor. I also don't know if I should use the Ion reconstructor or the Ion Effective treatment which combines protein and moisture.

Thanks guys.

Personally I would do the protein treatment right after I take out the weave...I don't know how I would feel waiting a month for that. I've never heard of the ion 3 step but it sounds like it may be a heavy protein for people experiencing breakage...if you do a protein treatment right after you take out your weave there really should be no need to do the ion 3 step...you might just have to take a hard look at your hair to see if it even needs protein at that point...you don't want to risk overload but hopefully some more experienced ladies can chime in...HTH :yep:

Honestly I think the state of your hair before the weave will dictate what you need to do to your hair after the weave. Before I put mine in I did a protein/moisture treatment. I left in my sew in for 4 weeks. When I took it out, my hair felt and looked so healthy! I didn't even take care of the braids underneath (that is a no no!). I think for me, another protein treatment would have been too much, so I went with more moisture and less protein. If when you take your hair out it feels weak, go for the protein! I would probably wait about 3-4 weeks before getting a relaxer (and I'm leaning towards 4...) just so you can give your hair a break and continue to nurture it back to a more healthy state.

SO BASICALLY...lol if you feel like your hair is weak I would do the re-constructor. If not, I would probably go with a lighter protein treatment. You don't want to go overboard with the protein if your hair isn't already in a very weakened state. I like silk protein because, although it's a protein, it moisturizes at the same time. Me no likey protein :nono:

oh! and I no nothing about the Ion re-constructor...sawwy...

Thanks for the help guys! i'll prolly just do the protein treat now and not worry about it before I get my relaxer.

Back