After the BC. A 2.5 month update

Iluvsmuhgrass

Here's my update. I've been keeping it pretty simple. Sorry about the first pic being all.......... BAM!!!!! lol. I don't really have wrinkles, I was just making the surprised face and looking up at the cam. :ohwell: :perplexed

I'm starting to get knots now. Ugh. I'm being patient with getting them out. I invested in Chicoro's and Mireille Liong-A-Kong's books. They've helped a good bit so far. :yep: But anyway. Here it tiz.:look: Do I have a puff yet? :lol:

Before I forget, no styling products, just juices n berries.

BC/24 weeks post
picture.php

2.5 months post BC/32 weeks post relaxer.
picture.php

Thanks ladies! Here's the thing. I'm not doing anything really..... co-washing and deep conditioning. I've yet to have it braided but I'm thinking I might need to just to retain more moisture. De-tangling is relatively painless (I try to be patient and not rush through it) and I'm not really losing any hair.

Thanks ladies! Here's the thing. I'm not doing anything really..... co-washing and deep conditioning. I've yet to have it braided but I'm thinking I might need to just to retain more moisture. De-tangling is relatively painless (I try to be patient and not rush through it) and I'm not really losing any hair.

Wow awesome progress! How often do you cowash & deep condition per week?

Wow awesome progress! How often do you cowash & deep condition per week?

1-3x a week. It depends on how lazy I am lol. I'm pretty thankful because my hair still likes HELTR and I stocked up before I BC'ed :lachen: My hair's naturally very dry so co-washing is a must.

Wow. What products are you using?
What type do you think you are?
How much shrinkage do you get?

I'm using various conditioners honestly (trying to use stuff up like V05 a little Garnier) but mostly HELTR. I DC with two different conditioners Mango cholesterol and Phyto Karite. I clarify with Quantum shampoo (from sally's) once every 1-2 weeks depending on buildup on my hair and/or scalp. OH YEAH, I forgot to add that I use braid spray (I love Better Braids medicated braid spray) and da juice (whatever works).

I'm 4a/b. I have little coils, cotton, and tiny waves everywhere.

My shrinkage varies from 50-75%+ I think. My hair's not even and eventually I want to have it trimmed a bit more. I'm getting more knots now :sad: but mostly at the crown where the texture is weird. It's wavy, coarse, and very temperamental. I usually just moisturize and leave it alone.

Last edited:
Back