After shampoing.....

growingbrown

I let my hair airdry (I am currently wearing box braids that are just about 7 weeks old) The last couple of weeks I have noticed that after airdrying when I touch my scalp I see oil on my fingers :confused: . Not a lot but enought to see on my finger tips and my scalp appears not to be dry looking. I washed my scalp with braid shampoo and did not put anything on my scalp during the process. Is this good or bad? What is this oil?

Thanks ladies for your answers

Sebum is our skin's natural oil. Maybe that's what you see. A reason why many of us never out oils on our scalps.

It could also be a residue from your shampoo. What kind of shampoo do u use? most likely it is just your natural oil especially if you are taking supplements that are supposed to product more sebum.

MissFallon said:
It could also be a residue from your shampoo. What kind of shampoo do u use? most likely it is just your natural oil especially if you are taking supplements that are supposed to product more sebum.

I have not noticed this before taking the vitamins. So does this mean I do not need to put oils on my scalp or selected oils?

sound like your scalp is producing enough for you. I know when I was in briads I did not oil my scalp. I found that when I did it formed 'lint balls' at the base of the my hair when I took the braids out. This made it more difficult for me when I was trying to detangle.

Back