After Aphogee

CheerBear

For you a home Aphogee users, what
conditioner do you use afterwards to balance out the hardness of the protein treatment?

Edited to Add:
I plan on doing this a week or so before i relax cause my hair is a bit week...how long after a relaxer can I redo a treatment if needed?

The million dollar question.

My hair remains stiff for a day or two. It's less hard after using the Aphogee Moisture Balance conditioner, but it still takes more. I usually do an intensive oil (EVOO) + Mizani Moisturefuse. I also daily CO wash, so it goes away in a couple of days. Although that helps, hardness seems to be a fact for at least the first two (or more) washes.

My next treatment, I'm going to try my new favorite moisture/softness combo...EVOO, honey, milk + conditioner. That's been my most recent SUPER CHARGED moisture treatment, I'm excited to see how it works after a protein treatment.

I'm interested in seeing what other post treatments members will suggest. I'll try anything (almost anything) once!

Well, i usually follow up with Softsheen Carson's revitalizing moisturizing conditioner but i recently started a thread about problems i'm having with washing my hair and the above product line didnt get rave reviews so i am even looking to find some new products.

I'm a conditioner junkie. I pile on the moisturizing conditoner and sleep with it overnight. I use Dark & Lovely Cholesterol, Aphoghee Balancing Moisturizer, Aussie Moist, Nexxus Humectress or any other really moisturizing conditioner. I'm still looking for a really rich moisturing conditioner. Usually I mix different ones.

That's why I did not try Aphogee because I heard how hard it can make your hair and my thin hair does not need that. I used Elasta Breakage Control Serum as a protein treatment and it worked wonders for my hair. Before using it, I did a pre-treatment with Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner. After doing the protein treatment, I sprayed my hair with Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner.

I use whatever moisturizing conditioner I have which is usually either Suave Coconut Conditioner or Herbal Essences Intensive Blends Conditioning Balm.

I would wait about six weeks before using Aphogee again. While you are relaxing your hair, this is an intensive protein conditioner. I would recommend either a lighter protein conditioner or deep conditioning treatments until you do another Aphogee treatment.

Back