After a HardCore Protein Treatment Like...

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
:wave: Aphogee or Emergencee, the idea is to add moisture back into the hair right? What is the best thing to do? Hot oil treatment, apply a deep conditioner, apply a regular moisturizing conditioner....which is more effective or better for hair with severe breakage?

I know this has been discussed but the LHCF Directory links are no longer working since the security breach we had.

TIA-

~op~

I do a hot oil treatment (Olive oil) everytime before I wash my hair. I follow up my Deep Protein treatments with moisturizing conditioner treatment (20 minutes with heat). I use my regular moisturizing conditioner L'oreal's Natures Therapy Mega Moisture.

I noticed the most dramatic results with Aphogee. I didn't care for Emergencee. Now that I've curbed most of the breakage I use Phytospecific's creme bath as a deep protein treatment. But even then that's just once in a blue moon.

The best thing for ME to do is add a moisturizing/deep conditioner so I use keracare humecto and hollywood beauty olive oil cholesterol (with olive oil and honey added to container), put on plastic cap and leave same on for 5-15 minutes.

CaramelHonee said:
The best thing for ME to do is add a moisturizing/deep conditioner

Same here. I usually use my Vital force creme bathe, but tonight or tomorrow after my Emergencee treat I am going to try this wheat germ moisturizer that I purchased. Tracy says it's "EXCELLENT", so you all know I am excited.

CaramelHonee said:
The best thing for ME to do is add a moisturizing/deep conditioner so I use keracare humecto and hollywood beauty olive oil cholesterol (with olive oil and honey added to container), put on plastic cap and leave same on for 5-15 minutes.

Ditto and CH has me completely hooked on humecto.

OT: CH...now why ya gotta go mentioning another product :look:?

hehehehe
sorry girl but this cholesterol treatment is theeeeee best!!!! My hair feels great after using it and it smells nice 2 :) it's like $4.00 ... yes girl $4.00 and they sell it in regular ole drugstores (ie. duane reade, cvs, etc.)
Just make sure you add a little honey and a little olive oil and shake well before using. Enjoy!

CaramelHonee said:
hehehehe
sorry girl but this cholesterol treatment is theeeeee best!!!! My hair feels great after using it and it smells nice 2 :) it's like $4.00 ... yes girl $4.00 and they sell it in regular ole drugstores (ie. duane reade, cvs, etc.)
Just make sure you add a little honey and a little olive oil and shake well before using. Enjoy!
Well, I can't say no to a product that only costs $4, right?

(mental note to self...stay away from threads that CH has been in...I'll end up spending money :rofl: )

I do a hot oil treatment before and I follow up the Aphogee treatment with a rich conditioner like Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm or Nexxus Humectress. So far it works for me.

Caramelhonee, u know everytime I walk in the bss and see this cholesterol i am soo tempted to try it since its cheap. I just bought Tropical Avocado and can't sing any praises about it. I am going to buy Avocado oil and mix it in and hope it will be more moisturizing.

Britt, you should have got the Tropical Milk Protein, if I could marry a conditioner, this would be the one I'd marry :love:

Britt said:
Caramelhonee, u know everytime I walk in the bss and see this cholesterol i am soo tempted to try it since its cheap. I just bought Tropical Avocado and can't sing any praises about it. I am going to buy Avocado oil and mix it in and hope it will be more moisturizing.

I follow hardcore protein (I LOVE emergencee, hated aphogee) with a deep moisturizing conditioner -- I LOVE nexxus humectress with some honey and coconut milk added, cover with plastic cap for at least 15 minutes up to 1 hour with or with heat. Slip like silk . . .

I always deep condition with Humectress for 15 minutes after a protein treatment. I don't think it's necessary to use a deep conditioner, because any conditioner can become a deep conditioner with the use of heat.

I always use Elucence or Lust after my Dudley DRC 28 treatment and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes with great results.

D & L Dry Hair Healer (Or Kid's ORganics Conditioner) with a little NTM hotoil is really good.

I would follow up with a regular moisturizing conditioner [such as Humectress], leaving it in for 15 minutes should suffice.

Back