After 6 Years With No Chemicals, I Am Coloring My Hair!

Gr8ness83

I have made an appointment to have my hair colored, I am going lighter and I am nervous! My hair color is Dark Brown, like most peoples, it gets lighter in the sun. I need a change and even though I told myself that I was not going to do it, I really feel like I will LOVE the color in my hair, with my curls. I made an appointment at a salon in DC, I told them, I let them know that I DO NOT want bleach in my hair. One of the reasons I w as against coloring my hair was because of the silver that I have in my hair, I have quite a bit and I actually love and enjoy my silver hair, but it is not like it is going to suddenly stop growing so I am going to play with color while I am young... I have attached the color I am considering and I'd like your input. Although I wanted to keep my locs in until Dec, I feel like my scalp needs a little rest. I still want to keep my hair in PS so I am considering 2 cornrows with hair added. Opinions?

Attachments

• Hair color possibility8.jpg
    Hair color possibility8.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Braided3.png
    Braided3.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Braided 2.png
    Braided 2.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Braided 1.png
    Braided 1.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Hair color possibility6.jpg
    Hair color possibility6.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 8
I like the color! They should be able to do this color without bleach. Do you know what level developer the stylist will be using?

Thank you, I fell in love with the color. I am not sure what level developer the colorist will be using, I feel comfortable with them using 40 volume because my hair is healthy, I just want to give my scalp a rest for a little bit while still using protective styles in the form of two feed in cornrows, I will have very little versatility but my scalp will love me for it.

Last edited:
I love the color also and plan to lighten myself. Like you I haven't colored my hair in ages but will be getting mine done as soon as I find someone (want my old stylist to do it but can't find her).

yup I've finally decided I want to color mines too. My stylist says she plans to use the high lift color on mines also. I have to wait until the demi permanent washes out of my hair first. I'm excited. Let us know how it turns out.

Use coconut oil before getting it color. You should try the Olaplex No 3 Home Treatment afterwards, but you will have to buy it at a salon (the ones on Amazon are not real) or you can go to a salon that offers to perform the whole Olaplex service at their salon No 1, No 2, No 3. What it does is rebuild the broken disulfied bonds in the hair. Those are the strongest bonds in the hair shaft and can only be broken with chemicals ( relaxers, lighteners, color, perms, etc) It is a new science (not a protein treatment to treat it) to reform the disulfied bond back to its original form, so after the chemical service your hair will remain healthy or healthier. If the product was around when people were still getting relaxers and not going natural they would have healthy relax hair. It's good you are going to a professional to get it color (make sure it's a good professional though), because I know box color is really bad for the hair. It has metallic salts in them which is really damaging.

I second Olaplex, however I bought the full kit on Amazon steps 1,2 and 3 and it was not fake it was the real product. My product shipped and all packaging was from Olaplex, I've used it the last 5 months with great success.

I second Olaplex, however I bought the full kit on Amazon steps 1,2 and 3 and it was not fake it was the real product. My product shipped and all packaging was from Olaplex, I've used it the last 5 months with great success.
I talked to the distributor on the Olaplex website (you can live chat with them). They told me they do not sell to Amazon or distribute to them.

I talked to the distributor on the Olaplex website (you can live chat with them). They told me they do not sell to Amazon or distribute to them.

They may not sell or distribute to them directly but someone in the Olaplex network is providing it thru Amazon. Probably an approved vendor or distributor making extra on the side. My BFF is a stylist and got hers through an approved supplier and it's EXACTLY the same. I've used her products and mine, same results. I also chatted with Olaplex online and provided the batch code from my Amazon bottles and they gave me the manufacture date.

Back