After 4 weeks post relaxer, no new growth?

Trinity1

I was wondering if anyone experienced having straight roots after 4 weeks post relaxer. My hair has always grown very fast. After 2 weeks I start noticing new growth. This time, my hair is straight at the roots like I just relaxed. I cant tell if my texture has changed and its growing in straight or if it just stopped growing. Anyone else experience this?

Thats happened to me before. Last winter I didnt notice new growth until like week 7 or 8, but when I did it shot out like a weed. But then again maybe I did have new growth I just couldnt tell a difference in the texture yet.

This was my dilemma a couple of months ago. Around 4 weeks post relaxer it seemed as if I had just relaxed so I was wondering what was going on . Where was my summer growth spurt? It wasn't til after about week 7 that I started noticing new growth. It seems like it caught up with my regular growth rate though because at 3 months post I have new growth ranging from 1 inch to 1.5 inches.

There is growth because of your texture it is managable. I get about 1/4 in the front and a half of inch in the back. Dont stress its there.

Yeah, I don't notice anything until like six or seven weeks post, and it doesn't get difficult until about 12 weeks post.
lol, I don't think anyone's texture just starts growing in straight unless they've had chemo or something.

Yeah, I don't notice anything until like six or seven weeks post, and it doesn't get difficult until about 12 weeks post.
lol, I don't think anyone's texture just starts growing in straight unless they've had chemo or something.

:yep: This was me when I was relaxed.

my hair grows really slow so i dont normally see newgrowth at 4 weeks post. However in some parts of my hair the newgrowth is straight. Its strange because my hair is not manageable, its actually quite hard and so you can tell that its newgrowth, but its growing out straight since my last relaxer. I was transitioning for 9 months before my last relaxer so im well aware that it shouldnt be like that. I decided to transition again and am almost 4 months post. I wanted to bc but because of the straight parts i decided against it, and am waiting for more hair to grow. it could be scab hair...

Thank you ladies! I agree with you, the new growth is there. It's the new Suave conditioner I bought that's making my hair lay like butter and giving it a softer texture because tonight when I washed it, I didnt put the conditioner in and decided to just let it air dry. After it was like 80 percent dry I felt through it and could definitely feel wavy new growth underneath. So it was the conditioner making my hair super duper straight. I've been using it as a leave-in after every wash. If anyone wants to check it out, its the "Wild Cherry Blossom" Suave.

Thanks for all of your answers ladies :-)

Hmmm, I feel/see new growth after two, sometimes three weeks. I'm four weeks post and I can tell that I have more new growth than some women have after twice the time span. Ain't complainin' :grin:

Back