Afroveda Curl Define review

jada1111

Afroveda Curl Define & Totally Twisted Almond review

Got it yesterday, used it this morning, because I was dying to have the vanilla/orange scent in my hair. It defined my coils, but shrunk my hair up something fierce. It works like Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles and feels the same way (don't like this product).

Hair wasn't sheeny and I immediately added some Curls Gel-esc to help control the frizz and give shine.

Although this product seems to get fabulous reviews for creating wonderful twists/out styles, I don't like it for regular free hair styling or wash-n-go.

I don't even consider it a good leave-in product. Some of the ingredients don't agree with my hair, but at least I gave it a try. I also have the AfroVeda Ginger Almond Butter which I'll use tonite to see what happens. So far, I'm not in love with the smell, but if it leaves my hair soft, sheeny and nice, then I'll keep it and use it up.

Last edited:
i loved loved loved the curl defines smell. so yummy. but it made my hair crunchy. not crunchy like a gel but crunchy like dry, like hay. and i used a very good leave in under it and this was during last summer when everything made my hair soft because of the humectants.

i loved loved loved the curl defines smell. so yummy. but it made my hair crunchy. not crunchy like a gel but crunchy like dry, like hay. and i used a very good leave in under it and this was during last summer when everything made my hair soft because of the humectants.

Yeah, I guess I could describe it this way. My hair doesn't feel horrible or anything, but not as good as I'm used to.

The smell is bomb! I had high hopes for it. Sigh, such as life with a PJ that keeps falling off the wagon. LOL :lachen:

thanks for these reviews. i just ordered the curl define & ginger almond butter from afroveda, & have been waiting FOREVER for the order to come in!

I just wanted to post this before I went to bed.

I applied the Totally Twisted Almond Butter to my hair, but couldn't stand how it felt or looked in the twists. I felt like I was applying moisturized elmers glue. There was no sheen nor did I feel like my ends were moisturized enough.

Needless to say, I'll be washing this stuff out in the morning. Currently doing an Ojon overnight deep treatment and can't wait to restyle my hair.

I dunno, maybe they changed the formulation in these products, but I realize the ingredients for both the Curl Define and Totally Twisted are NOT working for MY hair needs. I don't want to even use them for wet set styles like twists, braids, rollersets, etc., NOTHING.

Back