Afro weave

Guapa1

Has anyone had an afro weave?

I'm getting ready to put my kinky twists back in and bought the hair on the weft by mistake. Now the thought of sitting down for hours on end doing my kinky twists are making my wrists hurt... :lachen:

So I thought, why not cornrow the front and weave the back? Do you think that vertical braids will be alright for this? Any advice on care? It's been so long since I've had a weave.Thanks in Advance to RabiaElaine and/or Bmoreflyygirl, our resident weave agony aunts! :lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
I haven't worn one, but I did one for a client. There are pics in the lhcf gallery. Her hair is relaxed and past bsl. We did vertical cornrows from about her ears back. I left the front out. We then sewed kinky wefts (synthetic from Freetress...I think it was called Cork Coil or something) over the cornrows (which I had to double up and sew down. Then I cornrowed the front of her hair into a design. We took the front out three times to change up the design and clean up the look. I made her a spritz and oil blend for moisture, etc.

Her growth was ridiculous and the hair stayed sheeny and healthy. Folks were jocking her and showing up to the job with the same style. THAT'S a compliment.

Enjoy!!

p1

eta: Here's her weave at completion:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2197/cat/500/ppuser/7466

To the left is a before pic. Maybe that will give you some inspiration. I definitely think you can do it yourself and save your wrists. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see the before pic... Anyway THANK YOU P1. That's what I'm looking for. I'm going to keep my hair out for another week or so then I'm going to put it in. I'll make sure I post pics.

Guapa1 said:
Has anyone had an afro weave?

I'm getting ready to put my kinky twists back in and bought the hair on the weft by mistake. Now the thought of sitting down for hours on end doing my kinky twists are making my wrists hurt... :lachen:

So I thought, why not cornrow the front and weave the back? Do you think that vertical braids will be alright for this? Any advice on care? It's been so long since I've had a weave.Thanks in Advance to RabiaElaine and/or Bmoreflyygirl, our resident weave agony aunts! :lachen::lachen:

Yeah you can do it like it. This woman did my hair like that for a braid magazine. The front was tree braids but the rest was sewn in. It looked like a head full of micros. Just make sure you keep your hair moisturized and you'll be good.

Back