Africa's Best--Which products do you like?

DDtexlaxd said:
I like their maximum strength super gro hair and scalp conditioner. It is packed full of great oils and extracts. It makes my hair smell yummy. I now use this after MTG. You would never know that I even use MTG.:lol: I am amazed that I've never thought of using this. It is like a hair grease, but it is so much better. This keeps my hair moisturized all day. I'm very happy with it.:)

I use this too...I mix sulfur powder in it. I love it...makes my hair so soft and it smells good too. :)

I also use the hair mayo (jar) as a prepoo. I tried the kids organics shea detangler and Carrot oil but never purchased them again. After reading all the reviews, now I want to try the liquid Mayo :look:

I like the curl keeper. It gives my curls a zing and the moisture last all day. Its cheap too like $3.50 and I can use the moisture to pull my hair up in a ponytail. I love it.

I had to do a search on Africa's Best and see what came up - and I got this:) (didn't want to start another thread unnecessarily)

I'm a hard core faithful to the Kids Organics Detangling Lotion :love: - I never used any of their other products until last night...

I tried out the Africa's Best Instant Detangling Conditioner and it helped smooth the tangles that I had right out - so it's a keeper :D (and I hope to find more bottles on the shelves of BSS's so I can stock up) - especially for the last few weeks before touch up time.

The reviews of some of the products in the thread and looking at the goldenmart site - lawd...I'm about to have an Africa's Best pj moment this month :look: - I thought I was done - now I've found something else that works. I feel like I may have been sleeping on this line.:ohwell:

ETA: If you have to shop online, this site has cheaper prices than goldenmart -http://www.ebonyline.com/hair-care-by-brand-africa-s-best.html

Last edited:
The liquid hair mayo has wonderful slip! I'm in deep love with the herbal oil ($1.94 at WalMart). The hair mayo in the jar does as good a job as the expensive stuff, and the carrot oil feels and smells good too. Of course, you can't beat the price:grin: :grin: :grin:

I just bought the carrot tea tree oil and I LOVE it! It is not too heavy at all and it is full of amazing ingredients:

soybean, carrot seed, castor, olive, walnut, tea tree leaf oils and herbs. New staple for me! :D

I love their Hair Mayo (jar) and I love it. It has excellent slip and my hair came out smooth and strong. I just recently purchased the Hair Mayo leave in liquid and the Carrot Oil Tea Tree Therapy and I love them too. The liquid is a nice detangler and my hair dried smooth and shiny.

The Africa's Best Hair Fertilizer grew out my edges in about 5-6 weeks (check my fotki), so anytime I see signs of annoyed looking edges i rub it on!

Africa's Best Herbal Oil works well on my hair. I like the baby powder smell even though it makes me sneeze, so I only use it once every three weeks or once a month. It's natural, too.

Also, I used their Super Gro Hair & Scalp Conditioner. It works wonders on my hair. Their prices are very reasonable considering the quality of these products.

I love the Africa's Best Organics Shea Butter and Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer, it's now my #1 moisturizer. I'm going back to Target today to get 3 more bottles.

Africa's best ultimate herbal oil (mixed w/ceap condish) works great

Africa's best Gro Strong Treatment (aka grease)- love the smell and use it on my ends all the time. Great products at reasonable prices.

I like the Lite Shea Moisture Cream, this works as well as Elasta's mango butter, has not mineral oil or petroleum and does not build up on hair or scalp.

Liquid mayo is my favorite :love:. When i was natural it detangle my hair like a dream. I have also tried the kids detangling lotion but i didnt like it much.

God's Anointed said:
You know i just tried using the mayo in the jar as a prepoo on Sat and my hair never felt so good. It did keep my new growth in check, even 2 days later. I'm forcing myself to stop touching my new growth. S.O.S., did you do another deep condition after you pooed? If so, what DC did you use? Moisturizing or just anything?

No I just used the Hair Mayo on dry hair for about 15-20 min. then washed and conditioned. I was 8 weeks post and when I used it. Since I live in a dorm room it is kind of hard to deep condition my hair often so I usually pre-poo.

Africa's Best Herbal Oil works well on my hair. I like the baby powder smell even though it makes me sneeze, so I only use it once every three weeks or once a month. It's natural, too.

Also, I used their Super Gro Hair & Scalp Conditioner. It works wonders on my hair. Their prices are very reasonable considering the quality of these products.

Searched and found this thread about AFRICA'S BEST...thought I found something new...it's been around with good results so inexpensive with delightful ingredients...I love, love, love the ULTIMATE OIL...my new natural roots after airdrying are so easy to comb through-now I don't have to mourn the loss of SURGE MOTION9!!!!!..yeeeehawww!!!!!!!

the herbal oil all the way!!! got it on a rec from my dominican stylist and i love it!!! i add it to my DCs, i seal with it, it's in my megatek...i use it after showers and everything.

hmm... I guess no one has tried their Olive Oil Leave-In. It's the only one of their products I have tried but I love love love it! It leaves my hair so soft but I wouldn't recommend it if you hair hand-in-hair syndrome like i do. lol

I love this brand. Africa's Best works well and is affordable.

I use their Super Grow (grease) b/c of the herbs in it an dit smells so good. My guy always sniffs my hair and says it smells like cakes or candy.

I use their Liquid hair Mayo as a leave in, and the Mayo in the jar, Olive Oil cream, and Olive Oil Deep Conditioner, and the herbal oil.

My next purchase in the line will be their oils: carrot and tea-tree.

i looooove thir liquid mayo i use it to moisturise then seal with coconut oil really good!! the kids shea butter lotion is good too, i have their cholesterol havent tried it yet

Back