Africa's Best Kids Organics.....anyone tried this poo?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
This is good stuff. I tried this the other day and it is very close to my beloved CON. It left my hair so moisturized and I didn't feel like I needed a conditioner. For anyone looking for a sulfate-free shampoo this is a good one and it only cost me $1.99 at the asian bss. I use the shea butter detangler also and it's a great moisturizer, very slippery, lol.

KIDS ORGANICS Ultimate Moisture Shea Butter Conditioning Shampoo
20030911_lrg.jpg

Pokahontas said:
This is good stuff. I tried this the other day and it is very close to my beloved CON. It left my hair so moisturized and I didn't feel like I needed a conditioner. For anyone looking for a sulfate-free shampoo this is a good one and it only cost me $1.99 at the asian bss. I use the shea butter detangler also and it's a great moisturizer, very slippery, lol.

KIDS ORGANICS Ultimate Moisture Shea Butter Conditioning Shampoo
20030911_lrg.jpg

at my BSS the first ingredient in this is Sodium Laurel Sulfate so I've never tried it

Made a mistake the 1st ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate at my BSS

Last edited:
I saw this at the BSS but I have not tried it yet but I love the moisturizer. I might have to give this a try.:look: I am running out of my moisturizing poos. Oh boy!! What have you started?:lol:

I've been tempted to pick it up, even today when I got a new bottle of the moisturizer.

I've used this shampoo in the past, but for my hair it acted more as a mild clarifying shampoo than an actual moisturizing-conditioning shampoo. I will probably go back to it once I run out of my current clarifier.

*strolling into Pokahontas' thread...*

I've used the poo....it was pretty good...I just gave it a whirl because I'm so in love with the detangling moisturizer :love: :love: :love:
...and it was on sale. It gives a good gentle cleansing without being stripping.

I grabbed the conditioner too...I don't think cholesterol agrees with me..but other than that...the conditioner was pretty okay as well.

scorpian said:
at my BSS the first ingredient in this is Sodium Laurel Sulfate so I've never tried it
I've read through the ingredients like 15 times, lol, and no sulfates in sight. I would post them but it's a long list.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I saw this at the BSS but I have not tried it yet but I love the moisturizer. I might have to give this a try.:look: I am running out of my moisturizing poos. Oh boy!! What have you started?:lol:
Lol, I love the moisturizer also. It's good stuff. I really liked this shampoo though because my hair really felt moisturized and it didn't have that coated feel that con can sometimes have. I still love my con though :).

Pokahontas said:
I've read through the ingredients like 15 times, lol, and no sulfates in sight. I would post them but it's a long list.

Sorry my mistake :eek: i read it today at the BSS it does say first ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate not Sodium Laurel Sulfate

They give away free sample sizes of the shampoo when you purchase the protein treatment but, they accidentally listed the ingredients to the Shea Butter Moisturizer on the shampoo sample bottles instead of the ingredients that are actually in the shampoo

Now y'all know the BSS's in my area have been real shady and the more I read the labels the more I find this out so this may not be the case for everyone's sample shampoo bottles

scorpian said:
Sorry my mistake :eek: i read it today at the BSS it does say first ingredient Sodium Laureth Sulfate not Sodium Laurel Sulfate

They give away free sample sizes of the shampoo when you purchase the protein treatment but, they accidentally listed the ingredients to the Shea Butter Moisturizer on the shampoo sample bottles instead of the ingredients that are actually in the shampoo

Now y'all know the BSS's in my area have been real shady and the more I read the labels the more I find this out so this may not be the case for everyone's sample shampoo bottles
So the first ingred. on yours is Sodium Laureth Sulfate? That's funny because mine dosen't list any sulfate's. I wonder if they are in there or not.

I have never used the producst myself but I was in a BSS one day last week and I was talking to a woman who was natural and her hair was in twists she told me that the deep conditioning treatment for the products stopped her hair breakage immediately.

Pokahontas said:
So the first ingred. on yours is Sodium Laureth Sulfate? That's funny because mine dosen't list any sulfate's. I wonder if they are in there or not.

Okay, I'm looking at the bottle now....2nd ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate...:ohwell:

It's still a nice, mild poo regardless. I may give it to my cousin, since I have the Keracare 1st lather poo. I really don't need another clarifying poo.

I will keep my beloved moisturizer and the protein enriched conditioner in the rotation though.

never tried to poo...but love the Shea Butter Detangler...I use a little bit after my leave in for added slip while I am using a comb in my hair...

MonaLisa said:
Okay, I'm looking at the bottle now....2nd ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate...:ohwell:

It's still a nice, mild poo regardless. I may give it to my cousin, since I have the Keracare 1st lather poo. I really don't need another clarifying poo.

I will keep my beloved moisturizer and the protein enriched conditioner in the rotation though.

Never thought of buying it to use as a clarifier may try it when my elucence clarifying poo is all gone :)

I love the moisturizer !!! excellent product great slip and softness
I used the protein treatment once with good results.Not sure what I did with the rest of my jar :confused:

MonaLisa said:

Hmmm.....weird. I checked mine again and it dosen't have sulfates. Oh well.

Question since you mention using it for clarifying. Instead of buying a special clarifying poo could I just use any poo w/ a sulfate in it? I read somewhere that sulfates remove cones and mineral oil so that's basically clarifying the hair right? I'm just wondering if I can get my hair clarified efficiently w/ just a shampoo containing sls or als because I only use acv to clarify and I don't know if that's getting the cones and stuff off. I just bought garlic shampoo and I'm thinking of using that to clarify. Anyone that can help me out w/ this I would appreciate it because it's been bothering me. TIA

brownsugarflyygirl said:
never tried to poo...but love the Shea Butter Detangler...I use a little bit after my leave in for added slip while I am using a comb in my hair...
That stuff is tha bomb! It'll give you slip for days. AB Liquid Hair Mayo is equally good.

Pokahontas said:
Hmmm.....weird. I checked mine again and it dosen't have sulfates. Oh well.

Question since you mention using it for clarifying. Instead of buying a special clarifying poo could I just use any poo w/ a sulfate in it? I read somewhere that sulfates remove cones and mineral oil so that's basically clarifying the hair right? I'm just wondering if I can get my hair clarified efficiently w/ just a shampoo containing sls or als because I only use acv to clarify and I don't know if that's getting the cones and stuff off. I just bought garlic shampoo and I'm thinking of using that to clarify. Anyone that can help me out w/ this I would appreciate it because it's been bothering me. TIA

LOL...whatever label you're looking at...it's bugging me out.:lol:

I only used the poo once...and it did seem to act as a mild, clarifying poo to me (gave it to my cousin this morning). I've only used for poos for clarifying, first VO5 Lime and Kiwi..and found it effective, but stripping unless I diluted it first, but the Keracare 1st lather is just right for me, so I use that for clarifying.

good luck with the answer re: which poo to use.;)

MonaLisa said:
LOL...whatever label you're looking at...it's bugging me out.:lol:

I only used the poo once...and it did seem to act as a mild, clarifying poo to me (gave it to my cousin this morning). I've only used for poos for clarifying, first VO5 Lime and Kiwi..and found it effective, but stripping unless I diluted it first, but the Keracare 1st lather is just right for me, so I use that for clarifying.

good luck with the answer re: which poo to use.;)
Thank you.

Back