Africa's Best - interesting...

Cayenne0622

Hi ladies - some of us are having a hard time figuring out if we are getting enough moisture and what products to use for moisturizing and lubricating. After reading several threads on LHCF and researching ingredients online, I'm believing that Africa's Best has some excellent products in their line. I just ordered some from Walgreens.com today. I didn't want to run around from store to store trying to find all 3 products that I was interested in so I just ordered them because they are dirt cheap.Here they are:Ultimate Herbal Oil with GinsengIngredients: Soybean Oil, Walnut Seed Oil, Kiwi Fruit Extract, Olive Fruit Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Sesame seed oil, Jojoba seed oil, carrot seed oil, sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Safflower Oil, Calendula Extract, Yarrow Extract, Cucumber Extract, Carrageenan Extract, Ginseng Extract, Sage Extract, Comfrey Extract, Aloe Extract, Fragrance.To give you an idea of how good some of these ingredients are:Soybean Oil is an alternative to petrolatum (it has antioxidants and nutrients)Walnut is an astrigent and good for conditioningOlive oil - we all know how good it is.Castor Seed Oil - a humectant (meaning it attracts and retains moisture)Sesame See Oil - a natural preservative (instead of the parabens)Jojoba - moisturizerCarrot - for elasticitySweet Almond Oil - an emollient/softenerTocopheryl Acetate - Vit ESafflower Oil - EXCELLENT moisturizerCalendula Extract - soothes inflammationYarrow Extract - stimulates regeneration of damaged skin cellsCucumber extract - anti inflammatory agentCarrageenan Extract - natural thickening agentGinseng Extract - energy boosterSage Extract - astrigentComfrey Extract - highly humectantAloe Extract - hydratingI also ordered their Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil Moisturizing Growth Lotion with Shea Butter and their Organics Olive & Clove Oil Therapy. I don't feel like typing all of the ingredients and descriptions for these but you can go to Walgreens.com to look for the product/ingredients and then visit Lamasbeauty.com/glossary/glossary_C.htm to check out what the ingredients mean.Happy Hair Growing!!! I hope this stuff does what I want it to do!!Let me know if you've tried any of their products before.

Cayenne0622 said:
...I also ordered their Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil Moisturizing Growth Lotion with Shea Butter and their Organics Olive & Clove Oil Therapy....

I used to use that oil a lot, and I really like it. It smells good too. I started using regular extra virgin olive oil after i ran out of the Organics Olive & Clove Oil Therapy. But I'm going to buy it again because it's a favorite.

I was thinking the same thing because someone posted a thread about one of the oils. But the ingredients sound interesting.;)

I use the line. Their relaxer is cheap and amazing. I love their olive oil (cream), their scalp therapy, their tea trea and shea butter ..etc...
I love it all.

Africa's Best really do have some good cheap products. I really like the Shea Butter Plus, it's ALMOST as good as Elasta's Mango butter. I haven't tried the oil yet but I will keep an eye out for it.

sugaplum said:
Africa's Best Hair Mayo is soooo good. :love:

This has been a staple of mine for over a year.

Really? I've been eyeing this for awhile too. Is it as good as ORS Mayo? I think that Africa's Best are knock offs of the ORS line.

I have used Africa's Best Herbal Oil as part of my pre-poo treatment for a year now and it has been great. It's cheap, it helps with loosening my tangles and it smells good to me. This is def a staple for me.

Alli77 said:
Really? I've been eyeing this for awhile too. Is it as good as ORS Mayo? I think that Africa's Best are knock offs of the ORS line.

Hmm you be on to something there. :yep:

Honestly, I owned both the ORS Mayo and the Africa's Best Mayo. For my hair, the Africa's Best Mayo worked better then the ORS Mayo. :) Plus the Africa's Best Mayo is only $5.

One thing I noticed about the ORS Mayo is it absorbed into my hair right away. While the Africa's Best took sometime absorbing into my hair.

sugaplum said:
Hmm you be on to something there. :yep:

Honestly, I owned both the ORS Mayo and the Africa's Best Mayo. For my hair, the Africa's Best Mayo worked better then the ORS Mayo. :) Plus the Africa's Best Mayo is only $5.

One thing I noticed about the ORS Mayo is it absorbed into my hair right away. While the Africa's Best took sometime absorbing into my hair.

Ok I'll be trying it soon! I also noticed that the ORS Mayo absorbs into my hair right away. But it is one of the better Mayo's that I've tried.

I'm such a dope! I've used this oil before! I have so many products that I forgot. I used this because I couldn't afford Ginsing wonder 8 oil! Dah! THis oil was pretty good and it's only 1.94 at my Walmart so I usually get one or two at a time. I haven't used it in a minute, I'm still on Dabur Vatika.

Since I love the Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal oil, I should try their Hair Mayo, I keep eying it at Wal-Mart. It looks like it would make a great pre-poo. :scratchch

My staple product that I use each and every day is The Leave In Liquid Mayonnaise from Africa's Best/Organics.

It's helped my hair to grow, I guess you can say it's my Holy Grail product :D

My hair is dry and coarse and really needs constant moisture to retain growth and protect the ends. With this product I can wear my hair down almost every day and still see growth. I couldn't do that before.

FlowerHair said:
My staple product that I use each and every day is The Leave In Liquid Mayonnaise from Africa's Best/Organics.

It's helped my hair to grow, I guess you can say it's my Holy Grail product :D

My hair is dry and coarse and really needs constant moisture to retain growth and protect the ends. With this product I can wear my hair down almost every day and still see growth. I couldn't do that before.
That's awesome. I don't think I've seen the Leave In Liquid Mayo anywhere but I'll be sure to keep my eyes open while in Walmart since it sounds like a lot of people are finding the products there.

I went home and read the directions on the back of the label. The Africa's Best Hair Mayo can be used as a leave-in also. :)

I use the Ultimate herbal oil, kids detangling lotion, & the carrot oil cream. All of them are GREAT products for cheap.

I've used the Herbal Oil for a while, but I've switched to Kemi Oyl because it gives me more shine. I will still use the Herbal Oil after I'm 6+ weeks into my 3 month stretches.

i've used their relaxer for the past year (first as a texturizer and now as a texlaxer)... i love it but i don't use the hair mayo or the moisturizer that come with.... however, i absolutely love thei tea tree strengthening shine polish... blings me out with a few sprays... :grin:

I use the hair mayo weekly as a prepoo, or as a deep conditioner when I dont have any of my beloved Aussie 3 Min Miracle. I really like it; it makes my hair so soft and easy to detangle. I have been using it since 2002 and it's a keeper!

Back