"African Pride Relaxer" has anyone ever heard of it?

I bought this to try actually.

Never used it because it smelled like ammonia.

I am not used to that with Profectiv. It does not have a bad or strong odor.

I ended up trashing it.

And the herb packet they put in the box? :lol: What a joke. Not sure what they are supposed to do. It is like they give you the illusion that you are doing something special, but when you really look at it, they don't so anything but make the relaxer cream look different.

I faithfully used this perm before I became natural. I never had any issues with this relaxer. I will admit that my friends always laughed at me for using this relaxer, but I acheived the best results using this relaxer.

I tried African Pride years ago and it didn't work well for me. My Mom uses it on herself and my daughters but it seems to work well on their hair.

I saw this infromercial last night and LMAO! I was like dang we must be in a recession if African Pride is making low budget commercials!

Has anyone ever used this product? I just saw the ad on TV and here is the website. http://www.african-pride.com/

Any feedback?
i have been using this perm since the '90's, and have never had a problem with it...recently they started putting that herbal pack in it, and i decided to try something else...i love their leave-in conditioner...my hair was always soft after airdrying...i recentlly used profective, and i like that also...

I've used this relaxer for a while until I decided to switch to the Dr. Miracle relaxer a couple of years ago.

I never had any issues with African Pride I was using that for a while. My hair always felt softer afterwards than it did if I used Dark and Lovely or Optimum. I've used way too many relaxers. >.<

They still make this?! I used to use the kiddie verion when I was younger. (In the 90's) It was good. Worked well for me. :)

I saw this infromercial last night and LMAO! I was like dang we must be in a recession if African Pride is making low budget commercials!

Aw man this must be the fifth time i hear about those hilarious african pride commercial. i needs to see them!

I was pleasantly surprised by this relaxer years ago...I don't know why I stopped using it. The results were superb!

Back