African Pride no-lye hard to rinse out?

Cindy70

I'm planning on using African Pride no-lye as my next relaxer. I read on another board that this relaxer is hard to rinse out of your hair. Has anyone else had this experience? Also, if anyone has ever used African Pride no lye, can you give me your likes or dislikes about it overall. Thanks
look.gif

I used this one when my old faithful Ultra Sheen no-lye no longer worked for me. I went to Motions Lye, which did not straighten, and then tried a different brand of no-lye (African's Pride). It actually straigtened and was not, at all, hard to rinse out. HTH

Thanks, Leshia. That helps alot. I've heard that this is one of the best no-lye relaxers at straigtening. I've also tried a few other lye relaxers (regular Motions, Motions with oil, Hawaiian Silky, Mizani... the list goes on
tongue.gif
) thinking that my hair would be in better shape because lye is supposed to be better, but all I ended up with was underprossed hair everytime. I'm giving up on lye and going back to no-lye. I never had a problem with underprossed hair when I was using no-lye. I just don't think that lye is for me.

I currently use African Pride and have used it for some time now. The directions tell you to continue using the supplied shampoo until you do not see any pink suds (meaning then the perm should be out). I've never had a problem getting out the perm. I've never had any scabs from using this perm. It gets my hair bone straight.

yay! Lengthwanted, that's just what I wanted to hear.
trampoline.gif
I've had underprocessed hair with my last few relaxers and it has caused a considerable amount of breakage. I'm really looking forward to using a relaxer that will definitely straighten my hair. Thanks for the reply.
smile.gif

Back