African Palm Oil

TexturedTresses

I just got some african palm oil from the fruit stand and I'm trying it out in my lil cousins natural hair as a pre-poo right now. has anyone else done this, if so what were the results please.

I just got some african palm oil from the fruit stand and I'm trying it out in my lil cousins natural hair as a pre-poo right now. has anyone else done this, if so what were the results please.

I use virgin palm kernel oil all the time. I am natural as well and I use it to oil my scalp and baggy. It is very moisturizing on the skin too after a shower or bath. I love it and so does my friend , JK (Just kiya).

I have had nothing but positive results. Softens my hair very nicely.

Last edited:
I use virgin palm kernel oil all the time. I am natural as well and I use it to oil my scalp and baggy. It is very moisturizing on the skin too after a shower or bath. I love it and so does my friend , JK (Just kiya).

I have had nothing but positive results.

thank you... i mixed it with cocinut, jojoba, and mop hydrating condioner. i hope it comes out well.

is there a difference between palm oil and palm kernal oil? i'm very familiar with ghanaian palm oil; it's solid unless you run it under hot water. i'd be wary of putting this on my hair due to the nature of the oil. it only seems to look like an oil when it's hot and i don't think the smell serves well as something to use in hair. regardless, i have heard that it has nice conditioning properties so it would be good for softness, apparently. good luck.

Palmnut oil is red/orange in colour and is made from the husk of the palm kernel it solidifies in low temperatures and stains its used for cooking mainly in west African countries. Palm kernel oil is made from the nut inside the palm kernel it smells mildly coconutty and it solidifies also at low temperatures but is a mild cream/brown colour depending on how its manufactured its not mainly used for cooking though more of a skin/hair lubricant. I prefer the palm kernel oil myself.

is there a difference between palm oil and palm kernal oil? i'm very familiar with ghanaian palm oil; it's solid unless you run it under hot water. i'd be wary of putting this on my hair due to the nature of the oil. it only seems to look like an oil when it's hot and i don't think the smell serves well as something to use in hair. regardless, i have heard that it has nice conditioning properties so it would be good for softness, apparently. good luck.

I have no idea about the smell (I'll trust you there...LOL), but oils that solidify when the temp drops don't do so on the body. Palm products harden up when they are around 78F, so it won't do so on people.

I often use unrefined palm oil + Motions CPR to pre-poo... This leaves my hair amazingly soft.
Downside is that the oil blends well with my CPR but always dribbles when i get under the dryer.

Hmmm I have had palm nut oil in my kitchen for almost a year. Used it once for cooking some meat and threw it in the trash yesterday. This morning got up and was dong a search about castor oil and saw palm oil was good for the hair and needless to say it is out of the trash and now in my hair.
lol

Back