(African) BLACK SOAP....where to buy?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

For those of you who shampoo your hair (face, body, etc.) with Pure Black Soap
where is the best/cheapest place to buy??

"Best Quality?"

Last edited:
i would like to know too.

i got some shea moisture brand black soap that i really like but i use it to wash my self with. i dunno if its the real thang or not lol but i would love to try some for the right price.... i will be keeping an eye on this one

I used African Black Soap for my face, I really liked it for the first 2 months, then it start making me really dry and ashy. I never used it as a shampoo, I ordered mine off of Ebay, it was super cheap like about $8.00 and that included shipping. It's the natural kind that comes in the form of a block sort of, and it's packaged in a ziplock baggy. It only has about 4 or five ingredients that are all natural, no perfumes or colors added. So just check on Ebay, mine was from old time soap company.

I order my black soap bars from iherb.com (African Heritage brand). It's the best facial cleanser I've used so far. It seems to clear my blemishes up faster, giving me more even looking skin. On my body, I've been using Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap (black), also from iherb.com. It's relatively mild, but nothing special.

I buy mine from the african vendors in my neighborhood. $5 for a big tub. :look: They sell shea butter too. :drunk:

I HATE YOU!!!!

why cant more africans move here so i can buy african soap and shea butter down the street :sad:

i mean there is this one nigerian guy i work with :blush: but i'm not trying to buy nothing off of him... i just want a date lol :lick:

so does no one else use the shea moisture brand? there's only like 4-5 ingredients and sold at target

i cant find the ingredients online but i remember the packaging just had like a few ingredients....

I get mine from Agbanga Karite (1lb. for $14). It's a legit, fair trade company that's affiliated with Alaffia (I also buy my unrefined shea butter from here as well). The black soap is pure and real. It's not regular soap that's been dyed black. http://www.shop.agbangakarite.com/

Last edited:
I buy mine from the african vendors in my neighborhood. $5 for a big tub. :look: They sell shea butter too. :drunk:

I was the vendor in my area but I'm out of business. I've purchased from nassab and agbhanga karite in the past. I'm about to try Halaleveryday on amazon - that seems to be what's most convenient these days.

Back