Affirm Super Reconstructor

stacy

Has anyone ever used this product? I'm experiencing terrible breakage, so I ordered this since I have an Affirm relaxer and use the rest of the line. Please tell me your results. I plan to use it this weekend. Thanks.

HI stacy
I have never used the affirm Recon' but I can tell you that I have used the aphogee for damaged hair, this protien conditioner is very strong. You must use a moisturerizing conditioner after using it, it did work for me in decreasing the breakage, I just found it a little strong for me. The other thing that I have used is The Eneral Hair Fixer by loreal It worked really well also. Well those are the two that I've tried, Hope this helps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks, Churchlady. That website was pretty good. I'll post my results with The KeraCare Super Reconstructor after I wash.

To answer the question. I used to use Affirm relaxer, but I was finding myself having to get a relaxer too often. I use Vitale Pro for my relaxer and very satisfied with it. Affirm is fine, but doesn't last in my opinion, especially when you're taking care of your hair and it is really growing. I had a short crop hair style Christmas and now have a mid-length bob. Yup, I'm excited about the growth. Just seems I'm at a stuck phase. Good luck anyway.

How often did you have to relax with Affirm? Do you think it didn't last because your hair was growing fast (which would be a good thing)? Or, do you think it was because your hair was being underprocessed? My stylist wants to give me a re-touch at six weeks (there is some new growth), but I'm waiting eight weeks because of the breakage and I don't want to risk overlapping. Your hair growth since Christmas is great. Happy growing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, I washed my hair yesterday. I washed with the KeraCare 1st Lather and then Suave Coconut(vendor had not shipped my KeraCare Hydrating Shampoo, yet /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif). I used the Super Reconstructor follwed by Affirm 5 in 1. The Super Reconstructor had a clear, gel like consistency, which made it easier to manage. It didn't smell as bad as Aphogee. However, I really don't think it's as strong as Aphogee. You're supposed to put it on your hair, comb through, and sit with a plastic cap on under the dryer for 10 minutes. You then rinse carefully and apply the 5 in 1. The 5 in 1 felt great! It's thick and yellow and feels great when you put it on your hair. It really left my hair feeling silky. I feel like my hair is not shedding and breaking as much, but there is still some shedding and breakage (especially in the back). I'm going to have to get it cut short on the tops and sides and shaved in the back to get rid of the damaged hair. I'll then do a reconstructor treatment every week for about three more weeks. I hope that these steps will get my hair healthy again. Healthy hair before long hair. Thanks for your help, ladies. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back