Affirm 5 in 1 reconstructor on 4A/B NATURAL hair

Crissi

Can I use this on my 4A/B natural hair?! I only see reviews from relaxed heads. My hair is in need of a reconstructor. I haven't had one since i've started growing my hair (its been 1.5 years as on the 26th). I can feel it needs a reconstructor. I have everything I need but a good reconstructor. And this one sounds like it ticks all the boxes

"• Re-aligns, seals and smooths cuticles.
• Minimizes porosity and restores hair to normal pH.
• Electronically repairs damaged areas within and along hairshaft by attachingto negatively charged (damaged) areas.
• Minimizes breakage and shedding.
• Minimizes porosity and smooths cuticles.
• Detangles hair.
• Imparts body and volume to fine, limp hair while adding shine.for professional use only not for sale to the public."

Erm - Why do they always say not available to the public? Especially when the website is selling it, and I can get it everywhere in store?

Any, If not this reconstructor can you ladies reccomend a good reconstructor for natural 4a/b hair?!

TIA

Crissi, x

Just used it at the weekend - good stuff. Did what it said on the bottle.

Yes, it is an professional product, only sold through a Distributor in London. The Hair shops get around this by getting their supplies shipped straight from the US.

That why us lot can access the total range of Mizani, Affirm, etc.

How do you use it? Do you clafiy, then use it, then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner? (Thats what I plan on doin). Or did you do it differently?

My stylist rotates my conditioners. I prefer to bring in my own hair care products. Sometimes he will use Affirm 5 in 1 during two consecutive visits, or he will use my moisturizing conditioner, Motions Moisture Plus, during the next visit. Anyway, he uses it as a deep conditioner on my hair after rinsing out the moisturizing shampoo. A moisturizing conditioner is not used afterward, just Infusium 23 Repairology as a leave in conditioner. However, it's only used when I go to the salon.

Affirm is definitely a keeper for me. I buy it at the beauty supply store. My hair is natural, but it's pressed and curled before I leave the salon.

Last edited:
How do you use it? Do you clafiy, then use it, then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner? (Thats what I plan on doin). Or did you do it differently?

Yep, I usually do that to get the maximum benefits.

When I relaxed, I wash with Aveda Hair Detoxifier then either mix 5 in 1 with Motions conditioner if I am in a hurry then DC or, do if separately.

At the weekend, I washed with Hairone Cleansing Cream (I used Aveda the week before), then used 5 in 1 followed by a moisturing conditioner.

Back