Adwoa Beauty

I think I have the DC'er (if I didn't swap it), but haven't tried it yet. If I still have it, I've had it for a while.

I tried a few of their products. My two favorites would be the shampoo and the leave-in conditioner. I think they are both solid and I would repurchase again once my stash is low. I typically reach for them when I'm low on time and patience, they both just work for a pleasant wash day for me. I liked the oil but I'm not a huge oil person so I would just prefer to have the Melanin one. I've tried the DC and the Curl Defining Cream and they were just okay to me. I feel like for the price point there's products that worked better for me.

I think I have the DC'er (if I didn't swap it), but haven't tried it yet. If I still have it, I've had it for a while.

What's holding you back? I'm hearing that the DC is pretty good, with excellent slip.

I tried a few of their products. My two favorites would be the shampoo and the leave-in conditioner. I think they are both solid and I would repurchase again once my stash is low. I typically reach for them when I'm low on time and patience, they both just work for a pleasant wash day for me. I liked the oil but I'm not a huge oil person so I would just prefer to have the Melanin one. I've tried the DC and the Curl Defining Cream and they were just okay to me. I feel like for the price point there's products that worked better for me.

Thanks for the great review! :rosebud:

-BUMP-

Anyone used this brand since 2018? Any reviews?
I love and have repurchased everything except for the gel and the oil, which was nice and light, but I don't use oils any more. All the products are very moisturizing, thick, and concentrated enough that I don't need to use much. They also all have mint in them, so your scalp gets tingly when you use them.

The shampoo wasn't stripping, but was still cleansing, and felt good on the scalp. The leave-in is extremely moisturizing and works well with other creams/gels. I get great definition from the cream (my hair type is fine/medium, 4a-4b hair) and the gel, but I wouldn't repurchase the gel because it flaked on me and didn't have enough hold. The DC is one of my staples and works best on damp/wet hair, but be careful of the wheat protein in it. My hair loves protein, so it's not an issue for me to use it weekly.

I was not a fan of the DC. Left my hair hard and was difficult to detangle. My hair typically loves protein so its strange.

I'm sorry that that was your experience. It's weird, but I'm not sure whether my hair likes protein or not. It would break off alot because I think it was because of lifestyle choices (i.e. work and nutrition). I'm going to try the DC since the moisture content is supposed to be insane. I'm going to check back with the thread when I have.

Keep going ladies! I love hearing about the other products in the line.

Back