Advice needed for baby girl's hair

nikipovi

Need some advice for my 5 months old hair. I have noticed over the past couple of weeks my baby girl's hair is thinning out in the back. My mom said it's from her laying in her seat and her head rubbing against the fabric in the seat and that is pulling out her hair. Has anyone had this same experience with the baby? If so, is there anything that I can do to prevent it from getting any worse?

That's totally normal in my experience. All four of my little guys had thin spots in back when they were small babies, from lying on their backs at night and sitting in their car seats.

I didn't do anything about it and their hair filled back in as they got older, crawling around, and spending more time off of their backs.

Yes, it's totally normal like Camellia said and will grow back. My son had a bald patch in the back of his head that extended from ear to ear (like a smile face :)), because he also liked to slide on his side.

Co-signing with everyone else! My big head baby boy had a bald spot as a baby too. Not anymore, thickest hair i've ever seen!!!

My aunt prevented this from happening to her girls by keeping a little satin cap on their heads. It was cute and protected their hair. HTH

Yeap, it will grow back. My son had it but I never kept his head covered. My daughter is 10 mos old and she doesn't but I tried my best to prevent it. I kept her head covered when I laid her down until she was about 4 mos old, after that when I lay her down she sleeps on a satin pillowcase. HTH

agreeing with everyone else. I have two kids and they both lost hair at the back of their heads when they were babies.. as they get older it will fill back in with the thickness:). My mom said I lost my hair in the back as a baby as well. So it's totally normal.

Miss.Que said:
My aunt prevented this from happening to her girls by keeping a little satin cap on their heads. It was cute and protected their hair. HTH

I was just thinking of suggesting this. I will definitely do this for my little girl (of if and when)... her lil hair will be tied up just like mama's!! :)

MsDee4 said:
I was just thinking of suggesting this. I will definitely do this for my little girl (of if and when)... her lil hair will be tied up just like mama's!! :)
I agree this should work. I would try this as well. Or placing a satin scarf over everything she lays her head on (car seat, crib). Ok, you don't have to go that far but I think I would with my next kid. Satin crib sheets :lol:

Thanks everyone!!!!!!

I was a little concerned because she had thick hair all over and now it looks like she is going bald in the back. As you can see, this is my first child so I question everything. :)

It's rare that everyone agrees. There right the problem is friction. Keep her hair moisturized with the baby products and lay her on silky/satin materials and she should be fine.

Don't worry, my 5 month old has a hightop - no fade :lol: It's because she is so nosy and is always turning her head from side to side to see what's going on. I wish I could do the satin cap, but she HATES hats. I don't get that because she loves to have her head covered, which is scary sometimes. She goes to sleep in the middle of the crib, and in the morning I find her scrunched to the side/corner, under the bumper with an arm hanging out of the rails. :confused:

Back