Advice for current and future Profectiv users

alireno

I have been using all of the Profectiv products except the shampoo and conditioner since October. I love all of them and have developed a great Profectiv regimen that works quite well and my hair loves. One thing I learned through trial and error is to use these products sparingly. When I first started using these, I liked the consistency so much that I would just slap a lot of it on my hair. I quickly noticed flaking or a dull film (depending on the product). Use each of these products sparingly and hopefully you will see great results like I have.....No I am not a Profectiv employee! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for posting this as I just bought my first Profectiv product today. Please see and respond to my post called "Profectiv 60 Second Strengthener!!!"

Thanks, Alireno!

You are right! I am on my 3rd jar of Profectiv Break-Free. That's some good stuff. They also have an oil sheen out now--looks rather interesting too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I want to become a Profectiv spokesperson! I've been using their products consistently for a while now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I haven't had any problems with overuse. If it does look dull, water can do the trick. Other than that, I've noticed that Profectiv products help to enliven my hair color. So many uses! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Do any of u find the consistency of the breakfree too creamy and gel-like??? I dont know but i only use this product overnight, before a relaxer, and as a blow dry lotion. I dont think i'll be repurcahsing it, since it leaves my hair wet and gummy feeling. I'll try to use a little less. I'm tempted to stick with it, at least until i'm done with my 8oz jar. Profectiv claims their products make the hair 80% stronger with cosistent use, that's a claim i wont easily give up on!!!!

And that's what I love about it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Very thick and rich, I love to feel it. And they have the new and improved formula out, it says so on the tub. That's way more creamier! I love it!

Now, if you want something lighter, Beana, try the Root Health. Much lighter, but it is creamy too. I use it on my hair and scalp. The Mega-Growth is really thick. Great for setting styles like twist-outs!

I have used some of the cremes before but some of them seemed to make my hair shed more. I am thinking of giving them another try because my hair is much healthier now and I know a little more about how to take care of it. How do each of you used the cremes on a daily basis and which ones do you really like.

I have been using ProfectIV's BreakFree since December and I LOVE IT!!!!! I am on my fifth jar already. I love the creamy stuff as it lightly coats my hair without weighing it down. I also like how it moisturizes my hair. I used to use ORS Carrot Oil and water religiously, but my hairdresser wanted me to ease up off the water (it dries the hair out, she said) and find a light leave-in conditioner. That's when I decided to give BreakFree a try.

I already was using MegaGrowth, which worked really well on my two-strand twists. I also like HealthyEnds by them. I am not sold on RootHealth, but then again, I think I used too much. I already have a problem with dry scalp and I think it just added to my problem. Maybe I'll use less next time.

I did notice BreakFree leaves a buildup and flakes, but that easily can be remedied by washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo. If I clarify, I do so no more than once a month. If you want a good clarifying shampoo, try Rusk's Clarify. I absolutely love Rusk's products, but that's a whole 'nother thread. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take care.

-e

Back