Advice anyone? natural 4a/4bs who wear hair in straight/ wavy styles usually

snoopy1me

I'm looking for tips, suggestions, experiences from those who wear their hair straight most of the time but have natural hair.

I'm had relaxed hair most of my life, and most recently I stopped going to the salon because I haven't found a stylist who won't relax my hair so straight. It seems as though my hair feels healthier and is thicker when its "texlaxed" So I've been texlaxing it the past few months and I can see the difference in my hair's health...BUT now I'm thinking of trying to go natural again. I feel like this time dealing with the texlaxed hair (about 6 months of growth) and has given me more experience dealing with curly hair. I have been blowdrying (and sometimes pressing it) weekly to straighten the curly hair.

Some may wonder why I'd want to be natural with straight hair lol, but I really want to stop putting chemicals/relaxer on my head. And since I recently moved from Virginia to California, I been thinking it'd be a good time to take advantage of the low humidity :look: My last texlax was in September, but the new growth hasnt been much of an issue to me, so I'm thinking maybe this is the perfect opportunity to go natural again.

Anyway, I was just looking for advice or suggestions from people that prefer to wear their hair straight but have natural hair. What products do you use? If you're on the east coast, how do you deal with the humidity? And those who've had relaxers before, does your hair feel noticeably healthier even after the pressing, or whatever other methods you use to straighten it.

My ultimate goal is just long (bra strap length) thick healthy hair.

Last edited:
snoopy1me said:
I'm looking for tips, suggestions, experiences from those who wear their hair straight most of the time but have natural hair.

I'm had relaxed hair most of my life, and most recently I stopped going to the salon because I haven't found a stylist who won't relax my hair so straight. It seems as though my hair feels healthier and is thicker when its "texlaxed" So I've been texlaxing it the past few months and I can see the difference in my hair's health...BUT now I'm thinking of trying to go natural again. I feel like this time dealing with the texlaxed hair (about 6 months of growth) and has given me more experience dealing with curly hair.

Some may wonder why I'd want to be natural with straight hair lol, but I really want to stop putting chemicals/relaxer on my head. And since I recently moved from Virginia to California, I been thinking it'd be a good time to take advantage of the low humidity :look:

Anyway, I was just looking for advice or suggestions from people that prefer to wear their hair straight but have natural hair. What products do you use? If you're on the east coast, how do you deal with the humidity? And those who've had relaxers before, does your hair feel noticeably healthier even after the pressing, or whatever other methods you use to straighten it.

My ultimate goal is just long (bra strap length) thick healthy hair.

Good questions, you will have better luck being in Cali for sure because of the low humidity. I used to wear press and curls threre, and there are alot of salons that do dry presses which shine and bounce like a fresh relaxer. Since I've been in GA I have either relaxed or wore braids.

Yea I'm definitely enjoying the Cali weather, but I'm sure I'll be back on the East Coast again at some point. Is there anyone who kept their hair natural on the East coast, while maintainig straight styles?

Back