Adopt me please!

maybe you should also include your hair type .. how long you are looking to stretch for ...yadda yadda yadda

Thanks Plastic for responding.
I am type 4a... I have not permed since 3/7/08.. Planning to stretch until August. Wearing cornrows as a protective style. Will break in betweens for a few days.. still following my regimen:
Wash and DC weekly
Moisutrizing and sealing
essential oil mix for scalp

I would love to have a hair buddy for encoragement, tips words of wisdom and to keep me from relaxing until then. I would love to be very close to APL by then!

Well, I've been stretching since January of this year, and it has been a whirlwind of a time! It wasnt easy, but as the months went by, it became easier and easier. Now I think nothing of my mixed texture, I actually see some relaxed parts losing their "straightness" and becoming "curlier" and having more texture.

I have actually come to appreciate this and it's why I decided to transition to natural. it's been almost 4 months and I have found ways to combat the "mixed texture" syndrome. I found a phony pony that has crinkles and curls in it. I use wave noveau and hawaiin silky for moisturizers and leave-in sprays (which I think is helping reverse the relaxed strands) and I keep it as shiny and moisturize as possible.

I just recently had a sew-in though that my sister did for me, i had to take it out though because I missed being able to feel my hair. Plus, the braids were becoming undone (my sister said my hair was too soft and moisturized so the braids would'nt stay - who knew that could be a "problem").

But it's not hard after you understand your hair and find new ways to combat the double-texture dillema.

Hope that helps and Happy hair growing!

I am looking for a hair twin/mentor for encoragement during my stretch.:giveup:

Good luck on your stretch. When I used to relax I used to stretch 3 months, then I just kept increasing the stretching. In the end, I was stretching every 6 months. I got so used to it, that it didn't even phase me. I still airdried during this time either in ponytails/pigtails or ponytail rollerset by airdrying too.

Braidouts work well for lengthy stretches. Oh, and stretchy headbands for those days when you have unrulely edges.

I'm transitioning now ....

Good Luck :wave:

Back