Adding Oils to Conditioners

Kayluv

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering what kind of oils do you ladies add to your conditioners. I am trying to come with a regime that is simple as possible and thinking about getting back to basics and what I used to do back in the day, while incorporating some of the new ideas I've learned here. I want to start using a really old brand of conditioner again because I loved it and it smelled great, but I think adding some oil to it might help even more. My biggest hair problem then and now is dandruff, but I have learned to control it now because we now have better products to fight this. I would like to stick to one product line, but am having hard time finding the products I need without having to hunt for the best price on the internet and paying S&H.

Kayluv

I use Amla oil in my conditioners now, but I use to put jojoba or almond in it. But I put Amla in everything, inculding my daily spritz homemade product.

mscocoface said:
I use Amla oil in my conditioners now, but I use to put jojoba or almond in it. But I put Amla in everything, inculding my daily spritz homemade product.

I do this as well. I usually do this for dc tx. I really like the refults.

cosigning on amla oil and jojoba oil. I've also used olive and castor oil from time to time. But If you have dandruff, jojoba would be my first choice.

Last edited:
I always add oil to the conditioners that aren't working "great" for me. It jazzes (is that even a word?) it up and makes it work just fine.

I add camellia, coconut, kiwi, kemi just about anything but amla oil to my conditioners, especially ones I'm trying to use up.

God's Anointed said:
I always add oil to the conditioners that aren't working "great" for me. It jazzes (is that even a word?) it up and makes it work just fine.

This is what I do, too....I usually use EVOO but I don't have any kind of dandruff problem, if that matters.

I add Organics Carrot-Tea Tree, coconut, & castor oils. I really love the Organics one, plus the tea-tree would probably help with your dandruff.

Back