Adding a little henna to conditoner

Mortons

Hi ladies,
I was wondering if it would be safe for me to add a little henna to my conditoner for a deep conditioning treatment or if henna could only be used and prepared as a treatment on its own. Thanks!

It's fine to do. If you've never used that particular brand of henna you may want to strand test. Henna mixed with conditioner is calleda henna gloss.:)

Do you have to mix the henna as if you're doing an application, before you apply it to the conditioner?

Yes! If you like henna you will love doing a henna gloss. It will touch up your shine and add softness and strength. I make henna gloss with leftover treatments that I don't use all of.

Softresses

Glamourous said:
Is it neccessary to add lemon juice since I do not want the color release?

You do not need lemon juice. Even if you wanted color you wouldn't need to use juice.

Great thread. I think I'm gonna try this. I still have some henna that I ordered about 2-3 months ago. Can I still use it, or should I order more?

msbrown76 said:
Great thread. I think I'm gonna try this. I still have some henna that I ordered about 2-3 months ago. Can I still use it, or should I order more?

It should be fine as long as you kept it cool.

OT: Wow. Some beautiful hair in the avatars and signatures in this thread. I'm blinded by the shine - for real.

Back