Addicted to long hair?

CurlyActress

Okay since I've started my hair journey, I wasn't too into the long hair thing. I wanted it, but I enjoyed my natural hair more as it got longer and wasn't into str8 hair. Relaxed, my hair never passed SL and it wasn't as thick. I just got my hair str8ned and I have to say that I am addicted! I don't know my length (pic in avi), but it's way longer than ever before. I love the weight of it and how it blows in the wind. There really is something so sexy about having long hair that is ALL yours. I've had weaves before and I love them. But this takes the cake, lol
I still don't see myself straightening that often, but I like knowing all that is there!

I feel ya. I saw Keri Hilson's "Energy" vid and I loved her shoulder-length wet look and was going to cut in layers and trim back for summer ease. I trimmed my bangs 5 inches last night and couldn't go any further. Maybe I should get a shorter quick weave for awhile and leave my real hair alone. I'd miss it if I cut more.

It's not just the look and feel, but when your hair is long shiny and healthy, there's just something that adds points to being a dime :yep:

i'm more about healthy hair, im apl and satisfied but if it gets longer thats okay too! I dont think i would want to be past mid back length, i find my apl hair to be annoying and hot at times i can only imagine what really long hair must be like.

i'm more about healthy hair, im apl and satisfied but if it gets longer thats okay too! I dont think i would want to be past mid back length, i find my apl hair to be annoying and hot at times i can only imagine what really long hair must be like.

I'm pushing BSL, and I can't stand having my hair down too long. Plus it gets caught in my purse strap and stupid things like that.

I'm not saying I don't love it...but it seems that my bun is becoming more that a "protective" style lol.

For me, when I learned about growing long BLACK hair (via Ultra Black hair growth book) Its like it opened up a whole new world, I never thought I could get past shoulder length!:rolleyes:
So to have the confidence that through proper techniques I can make it to waist length someday....how awesome is that!!:grin:

So I know what you mean about 'feeling addicted', it's so much fun to enjoy longer lengths, or the freedom of knowing you can chop it all off, and it'll always grow back if retained well :yep:

Nice thread & i am an addict as well lol..

My hair is only between cbl & apl...the longest ever but its def something about it! I love bn able to pull it out of my shirts/jackets, the little things really get to me lol...man i cant wait to get to apl and beyond.

Op I'd have to agree, there IS something about long hair (that's all yours) that add to the overall sexuality of being woman :yep:.
I, personally can't wait until I reach full WL and I'm able to do the dramatic "white gurl hair flip" and feel my tresses fall down the length of my back. :grin:

Oh I'm addicted all right why else would I continually reach a goal then keep setting alonger hairgoal. Rigt now my goal is HL -TL cause WL started to seem not as long as I thought it would be there's hairnorexia for you.

It's not just the look and feel, but when your hair is long shiny and healthy, there's just something that adds points to being a dime :yep:

THIS. I guess I forgot to mention healthy. My hair has always been healthy, even relaxed, but nothing like it is now. I used to think that because I wasn't mixed I was doomed to "average black girl length" or SL It's one thing to hear others talk about being able to grow our hair and a whole different thing to actually get to experience it! Hair goals here I come! :drunk:

Op I'd have to agree, there IS something about long hair (that's all yours) that add to the overall sexuality of being woman :yep:.
I, personally can't wait until I reach full WL and I'm able to do the dramatic "white gurl hair flip" and feel my tresses fall down the length of my back. :grin:

Girl I was FEELING myself the all of 2 days my hair was straight! You couldn't tell me NOTHING!:look::lachen:

I'm pretty into it right now. This is not the longest my hair has been but it is the longest/evenest/healthiest it has been. In the past the sides were long but the back was short, missing chunks, long on one side/short on the other, etc. :lol: So, I am happy with the look and length and cannot wait to meet my goal. BSL 2012!! Length and health all the way!

I am also addictied. I love long hair and even though I am starting over and have not been able to get to the longest my hair ever been like in the 90's this time I'm on my way. plaiting as much as possible so I can get to bra strap or longer by the end of the yr.

I'm the same way. I don't like to straighten my hair a lot (2x a year) but when I did it and my hair was SL I wasn't that excited at all...but when it got to APL I was FEELIN' myself! I love how my hair feels brushing against my back, shoulders, and face.

Yeah I am. I am close to bsl but it still feels short to me. Maybe when I get to hl it will start to feel long. I think I already have hair anorexia.

Back