Add Your Best Air Dried Photos HERE!!!

Reecie

I will be starting a 4 month personal air drying/protective styling challenge (October 2009 - Jan 2010) and I'm in need of some inspiration, ladies. I have very limited styles at the moment, and I need your ideas for more ideas when I start this October. My two definite styles will be the basic bun and the double bun. I'm not even gonna lie, I will be using some type of heat for my bangs, which I think makes the style complete and feminine enough for me to stick with this. I hate looking and feeling like a dude :ohwell:. I don't plan on growing out my bangs anyway, so I'm fine with using heat ONLY for that!! :grin::grin: Help me out ladies!! Show me your pictures and how you achieved the look (aka your technique)!!! :kewlpics: I will start first:

My Double Bun
DSC00834-1-1.jpg

My Slicked Back Bun
DSC00810-1.jpg

For Both Styles I did the following:

• [*]Washed (Joico Kpak) and Deep Conditioned (AOHSR)
    [*]Towel Dried Using Turbie Twist (30 mins) Until 90% Dry
    [*]Added Keracare Leave in
    [*]Added Avocado Oil and Burt's Bee Pre-Shampoo Treatment
    [*]Brushed out with Denman Brush and styled[/B]

I will also need to spruce it up by adding accessories like follows:
comic-11.jpg

Last edited:
I have none, unfortunatly my hair puffs horrible when i airdry. But good luck on your challenge.

Girl,

I'm telling you.. that's what I use to think. I swear I didn't believe it was possible. I just discovered how to get my hair to get slicked back and behaving nicely. :grin: Are you sure you want to give up?

Girl,

I'm telling you.. that's what I use to think. I swear I didn't believe it was possible. I just discovered how to get my hair to get slicked back and behaving nicely. :grin: Are you sure you want to give up?

Please, do tell! I really don't want to keep using heat to make it manageable. I don't mind it curly but to achieve the slicked back look you speak of without heat?? SPILL IT! :drunk:

Flat twisted 9 rows on wet hair. Applied Leave-in and Wrap/Set Mousse to each section before twisting. After each twist I rubbed Elasta QP Mango Butter into the twist (to set and moisturize), then sealed with Coconut Oil. Then put a roller on the end of each twist. Air dried overnight and unravelled the twists.

picture.php

HTH :spinning::spinning::spinning:

Last edited:
Girl,

I don't have a lot of hair now.I just Bced a month ago. :grin:

Please, do tell! I really don't want to keep using heat to make it manageable. I don't mind it curly but to achieve the slicked back look you speak of without heat?? SPILL IT! :drunk:

No Problem.

• Washed (Joico Kpak) and Deep Conditioned (AOHSR)
  • Towel Dried Using Turbie Twist (30 mins) Until 90% Dry
  • Added Keracare Leave in
  • Added Avocado Oil and Burt's Bee Pre-Shampoo Treatment
  • Brushed out with Denman Brush and styled

Back