Add me to the PJ gang

MissM

I am truly addicted to the beauty supply store! I just went out to get cheese for the macaroni and cheese, told my fiance I was coming right back and as much as I said I wasn't going to....I ended up in the beauty supply store and came home with more stuff! Ugh!! Knowing I don't need no more of ANYTHING-I barely have enough room for the stuff that is already on my side of the double sink. I had to reorganize to make room for the things I bought and saw products in there I didn't even realize I had! Including a bottle of hair straightening spray that costs $18 and I've only used it twice! Okay, /images/graemlins/blush.gif maybe once-but I've been meaning to use it again. I've been trying to be so good but it's not my fault when that store is the size of a mini warehouse-you could get lost for dayz! This is a danggone shame. But I was good, I only bought two things-they were on sale! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shame shame shame (as I try to fit a visit to the beauty supply store into my schedule) /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Well MissM, to be a true pj, you have to tell us what you purchased from the beauty supply store today. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Inquiring minds want to know. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, MissM, to be a true pj you have to give us a full glowing review of the wonderful products that you bought so that we will then have to go out and buy them. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LMAO at the story of you going out for cheese and stopping at the beauty supply store. Girl, you know you got it bad!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gigi, girl, I just noticed the time you posted your reply-1:36AM-OMG!!! What the heck were you doing up at the time girl?! LOL!

I dunno ya'll, I'm too embarassed to post all my products. I would actually have to sit down in front of the cabinet with a LEGAL pad, write everything down and then type it all up.

Ya heard me, it's bad. I went to go get some KFC after work about an hour ago and damn near went to the beauty supply store again (saw a post about the Hollywood Carrot Oil-you know I'm curious) cause it's right in that plaza!

Ok, I'm gonna write everything down tomorrow (KFC is smelling too good-can't do it right now) and then you'll see. You might just have to vote me the president of the PJ gang! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm the same way! Choosing to ignore my sermon on the evils of petrolatum and mineral oil, my teenaged cousin asked me to pick up some Sportin' Waves and a doo-rag for him. I walked out with his junk, spray bottles, Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade, two bottles of Grandma's Secret Recipe 'Will-Gro' Moisturizing Scalp Spray (one bottle was for his sisters), Glover's Ointment, Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion and a .99 trial size Fantasia Leave-In w/ Aloe.
I knew I should have gone to CVS... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OMG, I'm literally the same. Every freaking day I feel the need to pick up something someone referenced on this board as if the products that I own right now aren't good for me. I keep telling myself, I'm only trying to this so when its time to switch up, I know what works best lol. Thats my little way of trying to convince myself. Tonight I pick up a new leave in conditioner and moisturizier.

One of the first steps towards recovery IS admitting that you are a PJ. /images/graemlins/grin.gif So, at least you are headed in the right direction.

I'm a PJ as well (most recent purchase: Ceramic iron for OCCASSIONAL use, e.g. special occasions), but what put a halt to my PJ shopping is knowing that I will never find out if any of the new products I purchase are REALLY WORKING if I constantly switch off all the time. I think it is best to introduce one new product to your routine at a time and to use it until it is GONE (unless it is not agreeing with your hair). THEN and only then, can you make an ACCURATE assessment of the product.

Welcome to the PJ club!

I agree with BlkMane here (what's up, BlkMane!!). I admit that it IS tempting to pick up a new product that someone raves about - I've been guilty of that m'self!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif But I think that the only way to see what will and won't work for you is to stick it out with what you have instead of trying a mess of new things. Luckily, the products that I have picked up are things that work well for me and that I absolutely love. Of course, if something is just not working for you, then let it go. A perfect example for me would be Nexxus Humectress, which does nothing for me except make my hair hard. This was obvious after using it 2 or 3 times.

I know it's hard to rein yourself in when you're in the beauty supply store, though. For me, after the initial rush wears off, I try to focus on what I came to buy & get out of there like a bat out of hell! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back