Add me to the henna list!

Ms. Cleo

I henna'd for the 1st time last week and I love it! :yay: I used half of KiniKakes recipe (thanks KiniKakes!) I did not put enough on my hair the 1st time so I did it again a few days later. My hair feels so soft and strong at the same time.

I just don't like the redness. But that's okay, because my indigo is on the way! I ordered from indian-herb-exporters.com. It will take awhile for the shipment to get here but the price was unbeatable.

Thanks to all you KiniKakes, Sareca, and all of the other hennaphiles for taking the time to share tips and information!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sounds great, i need to order some Henna TODAY! do you have pics?

I want to use the Henna solo because I want my hair to look auburn... i'm sooo sick of this dark brown and I am sccuuuurreed to get my hair colored...

I don't have pictures yet! I am slowly working on that....:D

I experimented a little just to see what would happen so I put 1 tsp. of ACV in the mix and let it sit for about 2 hrs. I put it in my hair and used a heat cap for 1 hr.

I have permanent black dye about 2 inches away from my scalp so my roots turned light auburn and then darkened up a few days later. I also did my sister's hair and it is red (she likes red hair)

You can do a strand test to see what happens, because the color is permanent.

I'm glad for you...I want to try henna..but I want black hair not the redness...is the indigo henna also ? is it better than alma powder ?

I used 1 box (100 g) of Dulhan henna to mix up my batch. I used Dulhan because that was the only brand I could remember being recommended and the local Indian store did not have Jamilla brand. My hair is almost at the base of my very long neck. That gave me enough for 2 uses and I put what was left in the freezer.

The indigo is what makes your hair black. I plan on doing the 2-step process.

I spent a lot of time researching to make sure this was good for my hair. I searched the forum and read many threads. I also went to the websites recommended and many of the experienced members have graciously included how-to's in their Foktis.

Make sure you read up on this before you do it.

thicknlong said:
I'm glad for you...I want to try henna..but I want black hair not the redness...is the indigo henna also ? is it better than alma powder ?

You can also mix henna and indigo to get black hair. Well, mix them with water and other ingredients separately and then mix the two into one.

I just never have time to do the applications apart.

HoneyDew said:
You can also mix henna and indigo to get black hair. Well, mix them with water and other ingredients separately and then mix the two into one.

Thanks HoneyDew! I was not looking forward to doing 2 applications.

If you don't want the red color, you can leave out the ACV or lemon juice that you use to release color, and not let it sit. Just mix it and apply it. I prefer brown so I mix in a ratio of 2:1 Henna and Indigo. I also add 2 tblsp of amla powder. I allow the henna color to release overnight, and add the indigo and amla just before the application the next day. Sometimes I mix the henna in the morning, and apply later that evening.

HoneyDew said:

Hey Honeydew! Where did you buy your henna? Hennaforhair.com? I am a newbie. I am too young to have all this gray hair. It's hereditary though. I have used semi-perm. in the past but when it starts to rinse out the color is not good. I wonder does it cover gray pretty well? I want my hair black. What were your mixes? Thanks for the help.

Back