Ad at the beginning of this vid

Cherokee-n-Black

Sof 'n Free Ad--I just couldn't resist...

****Direct link to Ad replaces Hair Vid Link***Originally this [was] a link to one of my fave youtubers' vids, but this ad in the beginning of Mahogany Curls video caught my attention like a bad wreck...I just couldn't look away...So much to say, and yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32CvVWnYeA8&list=PL1EABFCBDFA11B9D8&index=1&feature=plcp

(I hope it's still the same ad, it's a sof 'n free "Nothin' But..." product line commercial. I've seen it in the drugstores, nothing to write home about IMO.)

2 Questions: Do you think her hair looks better?
Where did he get the idea that weekly clarifying is helpful?

guyanesesista Iluvsmuhgrass JBunnie Mische Sugar Pompous Blue
getoffmylawn

Last edited:
The beginning ad was a Taco Bell ad.

I clarify weekly with bentonite or rhassoul clay. Never use clarifying shampoos. Does wonders for me and helps my products work better.

Oh pooh, now I'm going to have to describe it. Some dude is talking to a sista with fairly loose, almost nonexistent curls. She claims, although we never see this, that she gets this huge fro when she goes to the beach and get hair gets wet. Mind you, this lady's hair is practically straight. She tells him she shampoos once a month. He says "we're changing that to once a week" and proceeds to prescribe a clarifying shampoo--weekly. She literally says "this is great I feel like it really stripped all the oil and conditioners out of my hair!". Then she talks some crap about feeling some newfound natural sof'ness (home girl is not winning any points on grammar and enunciation) when you know this "sister from a black white and Indian(?) background has never had anything but soft hair a day in her life!). Well after it's all said and done she comes back with some puffed up,crunchy looking nondescript 'do and Mr. "Strip that hair" pretends to be amazed by this transformation. So, I hope you enjoyed my brief TOTALLY objective synopsis!

I clarify weekly, depending on how much product I've used over the course of the week. Never had any problems with it.

I didn't even get an ad, just a lady talking with a booger in her nose :barf:

Y'all so mean! :lol: I'm so glad I didn't have Adblock, or I would have missed that gem. It must exist elsewhere on the net, if I can find it , I will post a link. Regarding the booger, the you tuber (Mahogany Curls, who I love--so don' nobody say nothin' bad 'bout Mahogany Curls!) actually addresses the fact that she does not have a booger, as apparently someone commented upon the booger on the vid. :lachen:

I clarify weekly, depending on how much product I've used over the course of the week. Never had any problems with it.

Wow! Really? I can't even use a moisturizing shampoo that often. My hair just doesn't like shampoo at all. I do clarify, but more like once a month. And then I spend the rest of the month trying to replace the moisture. Before I went CG and when I was relaxed I did it a little more often, but I had a ton of mineral oil, wax, etc... building up on my hair back then. Now I don't really use anything that causes me to need to clarify that often. But every now and then I'll either use something that doesn't agree with my hair, or use too much of a good thing!

Oh pooh, now I'm going to have to describe it. Some dude is talking to a sista with fairly loose, almost nonexistent curls. She claims, although we never see this, that she gets this huge fro when she goes to the beach and get hair gets wet. Mind you, this lady's hair is practically straight. She tells him she shampoos once a month. He says "we're changing that to once a week" and proceeds to prescribe a clarifying shampoo--weekly. She literally says "this is great I feel like it really stripped all the oil and conditioners out of my hair!". Then she talks some crap about feeling some newfound natural sof'ness (home girl is not winning any points on grammar and enunciation) when you know this "sister from a black white and Indian(?) background has never had anything but soft hair a day in her life!). Well after it's all said and done she comes back with some puffed up,crunchy looking nondescript 'do and Mr. "Strip that hair" pretends to be amazed by this transformation. So, I hope you enjoyed my brief TOTALLY objective synopsis!

That's the video, isn't it?

I didn't get an ad at all for this video. I refreshed the page several times.

That's the video, isn't it?

I didn't get an ad at all for this video. I refreshed the page several times.

Poohbear Guess I should have posted the new link separately. Yes, the ad was in the beginning of another video (on Mahogany Curls' Channel) but I found the direct link to the ad as its own you tube vid.

Re: Sof 'n Free Ad--I just couldn't resist...

****Direct link to Ad replaces Hair Vid Link***Originally this [was] a link to one of my fave youtubers' vids, but this ad in the beginning of Mahogany Curls video caught my attention like a bad wreck...I just couldn't look away...So much to say, and yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32CvVWnYeA8&list=PL1EABFCBDFA11B9D8&index=1&feature=plcp

(I hope it's still the same ad, it's a sof 'n free "Nothin' But..." product line commercial. I've seen it in the drugstores, nothing to write home about IMO.)

2 Questions: Do you think her hair looks better?
Where did he get the idea that weekly clarifying is helpful?

guyanesesista Iluvsmuhgrass JBunnie Mische Sugar Pompous Blue
getoffmylawn

No - she looks worse. Her hair was kinda cute before and all she needed was the right product and styling technique. It reminds me of mine.

But I checked out the other videos and they all looked bad on the after. Did you see Lexi with the Curls was the narrator? I can't knock her hustle. But I'm not impressed with the product from these videos.

Oh - and no way could I clarify that much. When I had shorter hair I did use more shampoo than now but never clarifying shampoo. I use the old creme of nature or just plain conditioner to wash my hair. If not, I'm asking for knots and tangles.

Last edited:
I'm so damn lost. I saw next to no curl definition in the after segment, there was some in the short part in the back but the front...... and since there was little definition the moistness of her hair made it look unfinished, like she was still in the drying process as opposed to it being done. I know I look like a wet cat as my WnG dries but once it's complete you know it's complete, her not so much. And why all the clarifying? I shampoo weekly but I'm not clarifying weekly. And she even says "it feels like all the oil has been stripped from my hair" :nono: no bueno mama. I remember when I used to feel like that when I shampooed. It was nice at first but down the line I saw the havoc it wreaked on my hair.

If she like how her hair looks, if that's how she prefers her curls that's fine. That's a subjective matter, but all that clarifying is going to cause issues.

Wow! Really? I can't even use a moisturizing shampoo that often. My hair just doesn't like shampoo at all. I do clarify, but more like once a month. And then I spend the rest of the month trying to replace the moisture. Before I went CG and when I was relaxed I did it a little more often, but I had a ton of mineral oil, wax, etc... building up on my hair back then. Now I don't really use anything that causes me to need to clarify that often. But every now and then I'll either use something that doesn't agree with my hair, or use too much of a good thing!

For whatever reason I don't have problems with it. I have a very oily scalp so that might have something to do with it. Honestly my hair seems to like or love everything (except cholesterol).

Just skipped to all of the before and afters on the channel. Not impressed by a single one. Each person has the wet cat look or just a variation of what their hair looked like initially.

I felt like the kid in "The Emperor's New Clothes." I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that the products did nothing for her hair! I almost dropped my teeth (southernism) when she was so happy her hair felt stripped! LOL I couldn't even figure out what happened to her hair at the end. That basically guaranteed I would never try that product. I should have watched the other vids--for laughs...

I've seen these ads before!!!

They look like bootleg infomercials on youtube with some fat crusty man talking to women about their curly hair.

lmao I gave these products the side eye when I first saw it

I'm just over the whole "natural product line" in general. Everybody is trying to make money off natural hair and coming out with a product line.

I dunno maybe because I got over my pj-ism a long time ago. I haven't tried any new products in years. I'm happy with what I have.

No thanks!

Back