ACV RINSES...

im sorry to sound like a total jack-behind, but what are these and where can you get them? i tried doing a search but too many came up. what exactly are they used for? sorry if you've already answered or if someone can redirect me thats fine too.

Oh my!! Yeah you ONLY need like a capful of the ACV added to like an entire pitcher of water.

HTH

Sar-I said:
:eek: I guess that is why I just tried it and it dried my hair out so badly. I did a 1:3 dilution.

ACV rinses is a technique many use to clarify their hair if they use a lot of styling products. I use to rinse my hair with it in college when I was relaxed and the hair inevitably felt light, airy and had shine and swing.

A little goes a long way. I normally take a picture, add 1 capful of ACV (apple cider vinegar) to it and then fill it up with tempid water.

I then shampoo, rinse with normal water, then rinse my hair with the pitcher of ACV rinse, then condition, rinse with regular water and style as normal.

It is a great way to remove build up of products which helps them work better for you in the longer run.

HTH

mzhotniz86 said:
im sorry to sound like a total jack-behind, but what are these and where can you get them? i tried doing a search but too many came up. what exactly are they used for? sorry if you've already answered or if someone can redirect me thats fine too.

mzhotniz86 said:

The following threads will answer your questions:

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR?

Apple Cider Vinegar???

White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar?

Does the type of ACV matter?

ETA: Whoops, didn't realize you'd answered CurleeDST. Sorry for the bore, mzhotniz :P

Last edited:
Yeah, experiment a little but definitely keep it to no more than like 2 TB if you desire more ACV or worry it isn't powerful enough. I find with the capful I get the cleansing I want without the stripping, dry feeling OR the vinegar smell.

Some people actually infuse with herbs and use it as a final rinse after a shampoo and do not rinse it out.

Helps to level out the PH balance of the scalp.

Sar-I said:
Oh wow, I OD'd seriously :lol: . Thanks for the advice.

Back