Act Naturals Natural Permanent Hair Color?

davisbr88

Hey ladies:
Has anyone ever heard of/tried this product?
I was watching the Garnier Herbashine commercial and fell in love with Bre's golden-dark brown color and began hunting for permanent color that is natural (other than henna, since you can't really determine which color you get). Anyway, I came across this site: www.actnaturals.com.

The ingredients are:

Part 1 Mineral Base:
Aqua (Purified Water), Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Gluconate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Magnesium Aspartate, Magnesium Citrate, Citric Acid, Isopropyl Alcohol, Ferrous Aspartate, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Aspartate, Copper Aspartate, Calcium Gluconate, Ferric Ammonium Citrate, Ferrous Gluconate Calcium Aspartate, Calcium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Sweet Almond Oil, 100% pure essential oils

Part 2 100% Plant Based Color:
Aqua (Purified Water), Glycerin, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna), Rubia Cordifolia Root Extract, Indigofera Tinctoria Extract, CI 58000 from Rubia Tinctorum Root Extract, CI 73015 from Indigofera Tinctoria Extract, Beetroot Extract, Quercetin, Rutin, Decyl Glucoside, Haematoxylon Campechianum Wood Extract, Haematoxylum Braziletto Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Astaxanthin, Crocetin (CI 75100), CI 75810 from Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Iron-Chlorophyllin Complex, Annatto (CI 75120), Gardenia Jasminoides Fruit Extract, Emblica Officinalis Fruit Extract, Saffron Crocus (Crocus Sativus) Extract, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Green Tea Extract, Anthocyanins, Pomegranate Extract, Sweet Almond Oil, 100% pure essential oils

Stain Guard:
Aqua (Purified Water), Magnesium Citrate, Citric Acid, Calcium Chloride

What do you think ladies? I don't plan on coloring anytime soon since I still have permed ends that are already dyed black and would have to be lifted in order for color to take, so I want to wait until after I chop and then probably play in my hair as is for a while but I was wanting to explore my options and put something like this in my arsenal for future reference.

I came up on them about a year ago. I was a little suspicious because they claimed no ammonia and no peroxide, but permanent color. Dyes like Bigen claim that as well but Bigen contains sodium perborate and when sodium perborate mixes with water you get peroxide. I contacted ACTNaturals to figure out how their color worked and they reassured me that there were no sneaky or misleading ingredients like sodium perborate. I was all set to order, but then I took the plunge and tried henna/indigo... I haven't look back since. If I get tired of henna/indigo any time soon I will definately be purchasing from them. If i remember correctly, ACTNaturals is like henna in the sense that you can't really lighten your hair with it. You can only go darker or enhance the color you already have (since there's no peroxide to lift).

Back