ACK My new conditioner has mold!

drasgrl

A few weeks ago I went to Sally's and bought some Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol conditioner on sale(no longer have the receipt). Just a few minutes ago I go to put it on my hair. This is the second time using it. I notice some spots in it I dig a little further and they're all over the place. WTH? :perplexed

The first time I used it I applied it with a brush but it's the same brush I used to apply my henna and amla paste with. The brush was washed though. Eww. I'm thinking of taking it back tomorrow but it was only a few dollars. Is mold going to make that much a difference?

the mold comes from you putting your hand/brush applicator in jar that had any water on it and any droplets of water that fall into the condish turn into mold.

I can see that but I swear I have never had a conditioner have mold ever even the bottles I have that are over five years old. The only difference with this is that I put the clean brush in it but maybe it had residue I didn't see.

You sure? I know they make one (I think it is the herbal one-peachy/orange color) that has lil flecks of brown in it, kinda like some hair mayos but it's not mold...what color are the flecks?

You sure? I know they make one (I think it is the herbal one-peachy/orange color) that has lil flecks of brown in it, kinda like some hair mayos but it's not mold...what color are the flecks?

Cosigning. :yep: When I asked the lady at Sally's what those "specs" were she said it was *herbs*....ummm ok. :rolleyes: I put it right back on the shelf. :nono:

Yeah that's it. I don't remember seeing the flecks when I first tried it. The flecks aren't green like mold but on the brown side.

Back