acjazz's Rosemary Spritz...anyone?

Sweetyb

acjazz\'s Rosemary Spritz...anyone?

Does anyone know what this spritz is supposed to do for your hair? For those who use it, how and when do you use it? Do you spray it on your hair, or on your scalp? I tried emailing acjazz but never got a reply. I actually purchased two on sale. I currently spritz it in my hair the day b/4 I wash my hair.

Re: acjazz\'s Rosemary Spritz...anyone?

I think the main benefit of it is that the rosemary essential oil stimulates the scalp to promote growth.

hey sweetyb, where did you get it? someone else mentioned they use it all the time & their hair is thriving...rosemary growth spritz? i guess it's the same?

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:
Does anyone know what this spritz is supposed to do for your hair? For those who use it, how and when do you use it? Do you spray it on your hair, or on your scalp? I tried emailing acjazz but never got a reply. I actually purchased two on sale. I currently spritz it in my hair the day b/4 I wash my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, Sweetyb.
smile.gif

Like soulchild mentioned, rosemary is a scalp stimulant. I make my own spritz using rosemary essential oil, water and conditioner(s). I finger part my hair then spray the scalp. I also massage my scalp to distribute the mixture better. I do this routine at night.

My coworkers have noticed a bigger puff and I've noticed more length when I stretch out my hair. I've been using the spray off and on since late February. I'm not meticulous enough to measure my hair down to the inch but the growth was noticeable enough to me that I gave away my bottle of Surge14 to another member. I wasn't experiencing rave results like so many others had.
ohwell.gif

Some points to remember:

1. Do not spray the hair because rosemary might dry out your hair.
frown.gif

2. Do not use rosemary if you're pregnant or have blood pressure problems. Rosemary can increase blood pressure.
frown.gif

I hope this helps you, Sweetyb!

I didn't know that rosemary oil could be drying to the hair. I've been putting my regular oils mixed with rosemary oil all over, on both my scalp AND hair.
ooo.gif
Can this possibly lead to breakage?

[ QUOTE ]
Cindy70 said:
I didn't know that rosemary oil could be drying to the hair. I've been putting my regular oils mixed with rosemary oil all over, on both my scalp AND hair.
ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the added oils must be cancelling out rosemary's potential drying effect.

I haven't tried oils in my mix.
scratchchin.gif
I decreased the amount of drops I used and concentrated the spray onto my scalp. That was my way of dealing with the dryness.

About how many drops of rosemary are you guys using compared to how much water? I'd like to add some lavendar too. Anyone have an idea of how much of that I should add?

I also make my own spritz - distilled water, rosemary eo, lavender eo, peppermint eo, coconut oil, and vitamin e. I don't use a lot of rosemary b/c I don't really like the way it smells. I spray it on my scalp in the morning and at night.

Oh yeah, I just learned a cool trick. Put the spritz in the refrigerator and it will feel even more invigorating when sprayed on your scalp!

Hmm, I guess I'm gonna try and make my own and get some of these ingredients. Thanks for sharing your spritz hairlove
smile.gif

I use ACJazz's Rosemary/Lavender spritz and it's really great. I've used it now for nearly 2 months and I'm still on my first bottle. I usually spritz a few times a day when my hair looks "thirsty" - the ingredients that she has posted on the bottle are: water, aloe vera, glycerin, honey, castor oil, jojoba oil, rosemary and lavender essential oils in a conditioner base.

Okay, I've come to the conclusion that this particular acjazz Rosemary Spritz I bought isn't working for me--I think the conditioner in it is really bad. I spritzed it onto my scalp to assist in my scalp massage & get some growth (;)), but once I tried moving my fingers around my scalp they wouldn't budge! The spritz really thickened my roots. Also, I had bought something called "Rose water" from an Indian store and to my dismay this is not Rosemary, lol. I hope to finally get some good stuff and jump on the Rosemary bandwagon soon. I'm glad it's been working for you SVT!

[ QUOTE ]
Cindy70 said:
ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not know that either and looky me, I have been spritzing away all of this time.

Back