Acidifying Conditioner Same as Clarifying?

lunalight7

Happy Memorial Day !! I have Ensure by Nexxus. It is an acidifying conditioner used to close the hair cuticles after washing and conditioning. I know ladies hear use an ACV rinse to achieve the same effect. My question is: Is this equivalent to clarifying? Or is that done only with a clarifying shampoo? Im trying not to duplicate products but with all of the oils and leave-ins I use during the wee, I know that I will have to clarify soon. If the Ensure does this then I am OK. Advice?

From what I understand, Ensure is an acidifying conditioner which means its purpose is to close the cuticles. It should also have a specific ph balance to ensure this, usually around 5.5 or less. I have Ensure too.

A clarifier is supposed to remove all product build up from previous washes and daily treatment. Clarifiying shampoos are excellent for this and that's their sole purpose. I know v.little about ACV's, I'm sure others here will let you know if they clarify. I do know that Ensure isn't a clarifier though.

lunalight, they're not the same thing. some good clarifying ones that i've tried are Elasta QP Bodifying and KeraCare First Lather. there are many different brands out there though. both of these leave the hair very soft.
smile.gif

Back