Achieving the straight look without heat using mineral oil?!!!

Lilmama1011

This girl has a regimen where she uses nothing buy mineral oil and a scarf and a roller and then takes the roller out and wraps and gets a straight look. I must admit, just like most of us on here, I'm anti mineral oil. I don't need nothing to make my hair look shiny but jn reality dry. But however I feel she is on to something. Like I was thinking about trying castor oil(after I moisturize) since its a heavier oil. Because I tried the wet wrap and it looked like a hurricane ripped through my hair, it was still damp the next day and very tangled. Do you think if I substitute the castor oil it could possibly work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwiIUwVAqag&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What is up with her accent? One minute she sounds like she's from NY... then she sounds like she's from england... then she sounds like she's from the south. I'm confused lol.

Oh, the hair... Is she relaxed? If not, great results. If so, meh.

I didn't watch the video but knew a girl in hs who used a similar method. She just used grease (you know the old fashioned stuff) and rollers. This was long ago. She had "type 3" hair, no relaxer. It can work for loose curls and waves but it doesn't work for tight coils.

SmileyNY said:
What is up with her accent? One minute she sounds like she's from NY... then she sounds like she's from england... then she sounds like she's from the south. I'm confused lol.

She is relaxed

She is relaxed

Her hair is a little on the thin & low density looking side from what I can see. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it in addition to her being relaxed. My relaxed hair looked like that & that's a big part of the reason why I stopped. Even when I had healthier relaxed hair, yes it got longer but it was still kind of just limp and thin no matter what I did to it.

Back