acheiving a curly/wavy look without the chemicals

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Hi, everyone. Now that I cut off my locs and am wearing my hair natural I need to do something with it. I want to wear a nice curly/wavy style for a few days. Any suggestions on how to achieve this WITHOUT using chemicals? Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gel usually works for me. Something like Care Free Curl Gold, mixed with Phyto.

I also like BBD Glass mixed with an activator.

HTH

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Tara said:
Gel usually works for me. Something like Care Free Curl Gold, mixed with Phyto.

I also like BBD Glass mixed with an activator.

HTH

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the tips. What is BBD and is the carefree a cream or spray? Do I spray on when wet and let air dry? I am new to this so please give me details /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

BBD glass is a um......It's like a cream. It has the same texture as Black n' Sassy Setting lotion and it really helps for doing things like twists and twist outs.

What works for me is to totally wet my hair and then apply the Care Free Curl Gold Gel, and it brings out the curls and when I brush it (to put it up) it makes nice waves in the back and sides of my hair.

It seems like when I apply product to sopping wet hair, I get the best curl definition that way.

Gel and creme like products work best for me,and then I let my hair air dry. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have u tried twisting hair? A lot of naturals do that and achieve the prettiest curls. U have to find your ideal gel though! I actually cornrow my hair soaking wet and get cute curls! Good luck!

Back