About wrapping your hair (dry wraps)...

Leshia

Does anyone know the logic of this? How does wrapping your dry hair around your head smooth it while giving it body? Why does it work? And how long do you think you need to keep it dry wrapped in order for some body and bounce to kick in? One hour? Two?? If there is a thread about this and I just didn't see it, please bump it.
Thanks!

Well I Have Been Wraping My Hair For A Long Time. I Do It Every Night Because I Dont Want To Have To Put Heat On It All The Time. For Me It Took Me About A Couple Of Weeks (when I First Started) For My Hair To Get The Body I Wanted It To Have. I Had To Train It To Lay A Certain Way. When You Wrap Your Hair Always Use An Oil Or Oil Sheen. If You Are Wrapping It Wet Using A Foaming Wrap Lotion (motions And Isoplus Has Them) But If Im Not Going No Where My Hair Stays Wrap Thats Why It Never Has To Be Curled And It Has So Much Body. Also The Type Of Products You Use Can Make It Have Body. You Just Have To Be Consistent And Patient. Hope This Works.

If I have about an hour after I wrap I get good body and bounce minus the flatness. It wrapping at night that doesn't work out as well. :ohwell:

Leisha, I think the only way to get body with a dry wrap is to do one after a rollerset. It might also work if your dry hair is very full naturally, but you'd probabaly have to use some sort of product to tame it. Just a guess though, since everyone I know roller wraps to get the results you're looking for.:ohwell:

Back